CPU Cooler

Vegetable

Have this ancient thing here: http://store.antec.com/other/performance-max-cpu-cooler.html

I have a light overclock of 3ghz on my q6600, and that thing does the job ok, but I prefer the temps to be lower than they are currently (up to 67 celsius during stress tests.) I'm going cheap as I don't see a point in putting a h110i gt on a 775 quad core at this point. Been looking at the Hyper 212 Evo because it's easy on the wallet and delivers good results for the price. However, my question is, would it be much of an upgrade from my 8 year old cpu cooler? Would my temps be significantly, barely, or not at all lower than they already are?

Stuff you want to say/ask:

What you want to say: Bro, before you think about getting a new cooler realize your temps are fine don't worry etc. 

Me: I know my temps are fine I just like to keep things cool even during extreme stress tests.

Another thing you wanna say: Check thermal paste and you know prime95 is extreme and not realistic of what you'll ever experience in games right?

Me: My paste was done 2 weeks ago (replaced the old stuff after 5 years of service) and yes I understand.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Well, too be fair coolers don't get better over time unlike how processors do.

The difference between the Q6600 and the 4460 is massive. Or the GeForce 3 is too the R9 270X.

But a CPU cooler from 7 years ago will perform, the same, a bit worse, or a bit better then ones now in their price point.

The Q6600 had a TJ Max of 95 degrees, so 67 degrees is well under what is "Dangerous". So, things are already "cool".

If you really want a new cooler, you could get a 212, but I don't see it doing much better than your current after-market cooler.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Well, too be fair coolers don't get better over time unlike how processors do.

The difference between the Q6600 and the 4460 is massive. Or the GeForce 3 is too the R9 270X.

But a CPU cooler from 7 years ago will perform, the same, a bit worse, or a bit better then ones now in their price point.

The Q6600 had a TJ Max of 95 degrees, so 67 degrees is well under what is "Dangerous". So, things are already "cool".

If you really want a new cooler, you could get a 212, but I don't see it doing much better than your current after-market cooler.

Well I learned a few new things today. Thanks bro :D 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---