In need of help with bukkit plugin creation

Hello all, I am in need of your assistance with a difficult task that is creating plugins for bukkit.

I have been running a Tekkit Classic (Minecraft 1.2.5) server for almost a year now, and have had to search through the depths of the internet to find plugins that fulfill my needs while still being for the correct version of minecraft, many many times now have I considered trying to learn how to create plugins so I don't have to deal with half working plugins, or plugins that don't give all the features that I need it to, though I have never been able to find out where to start learning how to create plugins, and have not known what to do to enhance my knowledge of plugin creation.

I have viewed some tutorials that I have found on youtube, though I have found that those tutorials are not all that helpful, and don't really point me in a direction to expand my knowledge on both java and plugin creation.

I have had some experience in the past and present with programming, currently I am learning HTML and CSS in school, and have messed around with LUA in the past.

I am currently working on a 2nd and possible a 3rd server, both of which will be running minecraft 1.7.9/1.7.10, so assistance with that would be nice too.

Are there any good tutorials and guides that you guys know of? and what type of things would you recommend that I start off doing with plugin creation to help enhance my knowledge of the subject?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You just have to jump in there, you'll pick it up along the way. I find that it doesn't matter what you start with, because whatever you're doing, you'll find something that you won't be able to finish without doing some research. I have no specific tutorials for you, but I definitely think you should have a look at the Bukkit forums and of course Google + Youtube.

EDIT: Here's a direct link to something very useful: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_Tutorial

You can look up for YT video that shows you how to make your first, "hello world" plugin, and then you need a bukkit reference, official one jd.bukkit.org is down so I found this http://docs.codelanx.com/Bukkit/1.8/- some things may differ.

Also there is an IRC channel, and many people that are in plugins development on it. http://wiki.bukkit.org/IRC

After you watch tutorial video the rest is just adding news stuff to that hello world plugin, and you need know some of java, people on IRC wont walk you through java but they can help you find things (methods, functions) that you are looking for but you cannot find it for some reasons in reference.