My first impressions of the Monoprice Blue Switch Gaming Mechanical Keyboard.

just pop the new switches in and resolder them pertaining the pad is still there. I would need close ups of the back of the PCB where the broken switches are to tell you if they are there or not, preferably without switches in.

just pop the new switches in and resolder them pertaining the pad is still there. I would need close ups of the back of the PCB where the broken switches are to tell you if they are there or not, preferably without switches in.

Hmm, thanks for the help. I will probably do that once I get the other keyboard. Expect November. I know, long time, but I am busy :P (8-5, Mon-Fri job along with online classes)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thanks for the review mate. Seems absoultely awesome for that price :D Great budget solution.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I noticed this for a while now, but I've been waiting to see if anyone else noticed it... but the Monoprice Mechanical Keyboard looks A LOT like the MSI Mechanical Keyboard sold at online retailers. The MSI variant is only available in MX Red switches, and comes in an LED version with the MSI "Lightning" yellow stripe, and a standard blue striped version without blacklight that is priced at $70. A friend of mines got it on sale a couple of weeks ago on Newegg for $60. 

Here's a link to the MSI standard mech keyboard without backlight etc. Going to go ahead and claim that MSI and Monoprice are using the same OEM keyboards haha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823167011

Edit: Forgot to mention that the caps lock/numlock LEDs are the same blue color as well.

I noticed this for a while now, but I've been waiting to see if anyone else noticed it... but the Monoprice Mechanical Keyboard looks A LOT like the MSI Mechanical Keyboard sold at online retailers. The MSI variant is only available in MX Red switches, and comes in an LED version with the MSI "Lightning" yellow stripe, and a standard blue striped version without blacklight that is priced at $70. A friend of mines got it on sale a couple of weeks ago on Newegg for $60. 

Here's a link to the MSI standard mech keyboard without backlight etc. Going to go ahead and claim that MSI and Monoprice are using the same OEM keyboards haha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823167011

Edit: Forgot to mention that the caps lock/numlock LEDs are the same blue color as well.

there are very few different oems for mechanical keyboards so this is very possible.

there are very few different oems for mechanical keyboards so this is very possible.

The two have the exact same punch outs for USB and Headset jacks in the exact same place.

Pretty much copy/pasted the casing. Though the Monoprice one lacks the blue stripe and the key caps are different.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The two have the exact same punch outs for USB and Headset jacks in the exact same place.

Pretty much copy/pasted the casing. Though the Monoprice one lacks the blue stripe and the key caps are different.

Probably the same OEM for the board then. Also in may cases the same company that builds the board does not make the keycaps they are made by another one and are just put on during assembly.