Links convert to lower-case letters in Chrome

omricn

Hi everybody,

I'm an IT tech at a high-tech company, and am having an issue with one of my users:

When launching links sent to him by email (not relevant from where the links are launched from), chrome will change the upper case letters in the links to lower case, causing websites not to open correctly.

When using IE the issue does not replicate.

It is worth mentioning that the issue was happening on IE as well, I then created a new user profile for the user on his laptop, and the issue was resolved, but only on IE. 

Of course I deleted chrome and reinstalled it with an admin user. 

This, of course, leads me to believe chrome leaves some crap behind after removal. has anyone experienced this issue? (Google search brings like 2 entries regarding this, and both are unresolved..)

10X :)

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

Remnants of a spam bug is my first thought. Many viruses will target links and rename/alter them to either not work or redirect. 

Sometimes, an incomplete removal of the virus will cause the issues. 

Also, seems to just be a bug for some folks, may need to just wait for an update: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/Q3qevCUmTxM

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200