1080p display for casual gaming?

Tafel_Kafel

So basically the display is the thing I'm debating on the most...       

I'm going to get a GTX 970 (seriously, I want PhysX and Shadowplay... No one cared about the issue before it was brought up and the card was fine).         

So I'm looking to get something for RPG gaming (Skyrim etc.), MMOs (mostly LoL and WoW), casual stuff (Euro Truck Simulator 2 [could be put into racing though, I will be doing some racing too), Civ 5, Game Dev Tycoon etc.), TPSs (GTAs mostly), FPSs (now, I'm going to do some competitive games, but I'll be playing them less than games like BF, Far Cry. For competitive stuff I'll be doing like some CS and TF2).          

It must be 1080p, so I know for sure that I'm going to hit 60fps in most games (if not all).    

The budget is $300.

IDK if I'm looking for 144hz/IPS. You tell me.

Are you more into fps or anything other ? ( if fps , get 144hz , if other , get IPS [ good list here ] ). You can even try out korean 1440p ips monitors (link here ).

skyrim is rpg not rts .

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

for that price range i'd say just bite the bullet and get yourself a korean 1440p monitor off ebay. the 970 makes for a great 1440p card. you could then just OC the monitor as best you can (a lot of people say 96-120hz is possible depending on the monitor you get) and there you have it, best of both worlds. The only downside is a crappy bezel, no height adjustment, not a lot of display connectors, and of course that it's being shipped from overseas.

From the reviews i've personally read/seen though most people love them. i think in this case the risk to reward is worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-2560x1440-PLS-Monitor-Glossy-/140934439651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d058e2e3

check that one out. it has a glossy screen though (i love glossy screens) if you don't they also have matte versions.

dunno, seems to me this is a time to go AMD... freesync is 200$ cheaper on the monitor side, and amd cards have all the same features nvidia has now, except physx, but you can enable that too with cfg file edits... cuz it is just a gimmick after all