Acer Predator XR341CK 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync

No Nrg
acer_xr341ck.jpg

From Digital Trends:

Acer will apparently begin production of a gaming monitor this year that not only boasts a 34-inch curved display, but also offers support for G-sync refresh rates of up to 144Hz. These are very appealing specifications for anyone who needs a cutting edge monitor to pair with a powerful gaming rig.

According to TFTCentral, two versions of this new entry into Acer’s Predator line are set to be available. One model will supposedly be known as the XR341CK and boast a resolution of 3440 x 1440. The other would seem to be a down-scale option, with a resolution of only 2560 x 1080. However, exact specifications, particularly on the latter model, are unavailable at this time.

It’s expected that Acer’s curved monitors will enter production in Q2 of 2015, but given that that’s only a rough estimate, it’s difficult to say when they’ll be available to consumers. However, if those dates are accurate, it shouldn’t be too long before Acer make an official comment on the future of the Predator line.

I was already waiting until March for the 1440p IPS 144hz G-sync, now this has my attention too. Sure this will cost a pretty penny though, I'm guessing $1,200+.....

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

There was a post about this in news several days ago, but still...

Ye, this is the holy grail until OLED monitors, which will be 3 years AT LEAST.