ssd or m.2?

Go to solution Solved by Bogica,

I'd go with the Evo, simply because it's more convenient for me. You gain nothing from having on m.2, no speed increase, nothing notable and worth mounting it like that, I personally don't like the mounting and I don't like that it doesn't come with a mounting screw (as mentioned in the reviews). :)

HI everyone,

Just trying to finalise a new build that'll be used for Flight Sim which I currently have installed on my current PC on a Samsung 840pro 250gb (or is it a 256gb) ssd which I will be re-installing anyway but have been doing a little 'digging' around the internet and the mobo I am going with, the Asus Z97-A has the new (well to me) M.2 connector on it so seen as the ADATA USA Premier Pro SP900 256GB M.2 2280 is US$135 (AU$167 inc postage from Amazon) and the Samsung 840 Evo 250gb is AU$135 was wondering if it would be better going the M.2 route instead.

it will be for the boot drive.

Any advice appriciated

I'd go with the Evo, simply because it's more convenient for me. You gain nothing from having on m.2, no speed increase, nothing notable and worth mounting it like that, I personally don't like the mounting and I don't like that it doesn't come with a mounting screw (as mentioned in the reviews). :)

According to ADATA's website, there is no speed increase over the Samsung 840 EVO

http://www.adata.com/index.php?action=product_specification&cid=3&piid=293&lan=en so 840 EVO because capacity.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I view M.2 in the same way as DDR4. Maybe in the future they'll be useful but they just aren't worth it at this point in time. I'd go with the 840 Evo

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+