Weird problem causing delay when opening windows programs

Frankz
Go to solution Solved by Frankz,

Ok i think i found my problem.

For some reason my power plan was changed to a power plan that made the HDD turn off after 20 minutes of no usage. Fixed (Y)

Thx everyone lol

Alright so i've been having a weird problem for about a week now, I don't know whats causing it and it doesn't really bother me but I want to figure this out.

So after browsing in Firefox for a couple hours & not using any other programs, I sometimes hear a fan turn off(or at least something in the PC is getting turned off).

Then when I try to open any of the windows 7 programs, for example, clicking on the Library folder on the taskbar. I hear a fan(?) that starts spinning again?

It then takes like 3 seconds for the Library folder to actually open.

I honestly have no clue why this is happening. My cpu is OCed & all powersaving techs are turned off, hibernation/sleep mode is also turned off.

All the fans in my pc are set to 100% at all times.

The only other fans in my computer are the ones of my GPU(Asus Direct CU2 GTX780) & PSU. The PSU has an eco mode(turns on/off after X degrees) but there's no way that my PSU fan turning on/off would affect Windows 7 programs...

EDIT: Windows 7 is on an SSD, the libraries folder however is located on a HDD(which might be the one causing this?)

So yea if any of you guys have an idea what might be causing this please let me know!

Thanks

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

That sounds like it could be your HDD spinning down when not necessarily needed. There should be a setting in your power options about this

What CPU is it? Also why are all of your fans set to 100%? It may be the delay between the HDD and SSD seeing as usually all Windows Folders are installed on the same drive.

intel i7 950, fans max speed are 1200rpm & quiet enough at that speed anyways.

And yea I'll go ahead & check any power saving options(although I haven't changed anything in a while)

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

For some reason my power plan was changed to a power plan that made the HDD turn off after 20 minutes of no usage. Fixed (Y)

Thx everyone lol

Thx everyone lol

Thought that may have been the case. I've had it happen to me, and I know that HDDs spinning up cause some delay. Glad you got it sorted