AMAZON ECHO - Voice Personal Assistant

"ALWAYS READY, CONNECTED AND FAST. JUST ASK."

"WHAT IS AMAZON ECHO?

Amazon Echo is designed around your voice. It's always on—just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Echo begins working as soon as it hears you say the wake word, "Alexa." It's also an expertly-tuned speaker that can fill any room with immersive sound."

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOCeAtKHIc

ORIGINAL POST:

https://www.amazon.com/oc/echo/ref_=ods_dp_ae

I don't get why you'd need it apart from convenience factor, just use Siri/Cortana/S voice

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

it is supposed to be used in your home for your family, and you actually cant say "Siri", "S Voice" or "Cortana" to activate it, you need to press a button. Unlike Google Now.

I don't know how I feel with this thing always listening.

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

I can see how this could be potentially helpful, i just don't think it will be that useful in day to day life. I also think it's going to have trouble recognizing words.

oh yeah forgot about that. just another way for the NSA to hear our conversations, except now we pay to have our house bugged. lol

oh yeah forgot about that. just another way for the NSA to hear our conversations, except now we pay to have our house bugged. lol

true, but they'll probably put some effort on security for this, the NSA topic is more than know among everyone, so we guys are not going to be the first people on talk about the security topic LOL

true, but they'll probably put some effort on security for this, the NSA topic is more than know among everyone, so we guys are not going to be the first people on talk about the security topic LOL

Yeah, I was just making a joke but it is a legitimate concern. When I was still using an xbox, i bought the kinect for the 360. I read the manual, the camera and microphone can turn on AT ANY TIME, and they have the right to pull footage from it. As long as it's plugged into the 360 it gets power. I kept a piece of paper in front when i wasn't using it.

Yeah, I was just making a joke but it is a legitimate concern. When I was still using an xbox, i bought the kinect for the 360. I read the manual, the camera and microphone can turn on AT ANY TIME, and they have the right to pull footage from it. As long as it's plugged into the 360 it gets power. I kept a piece of paper in front when i wasn't using it.

true story

Dear god I am so sick of voice activated crap. The first person I see walking about going "OK google...." is getting their phone shoved into their face.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Dear god I am so sick of voice activated crap. The first person I see walking about going "OK google...." is getting their phone shoved into their face.

LOL  :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: :lol:

LOL  :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: :lol:

I used to have a roommate with fucking kinect on his 360. VOICE ACTIVATION SUCKS.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs