Displays for Productivity and Gaming

Hello to all LinusTech!! This is my first time posting in the forums and I am asking for some more experienced advice. I have been tech-savvy for all my life but I find myself unable to come up with a good solution to my monitors. When I first built my current system over a year ago (Ivy bridge based), I found myself only wanting to game and do homework. But now that I have taken on Photography and Video Editing as a side job for fun and extra money, and as a consiquence I went out and bought the first decent looking IPS 1080p display I could find (was using 1600X900 AOC monitor). I noticed very quickly that eventhough it was better than my 900p monitor, the colors aren't quite what I want and I feel that for editing and my video card it might not be the best solution. Below are a few detaisl for all of you to consider:

This is the monitor that I bought on a whim: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-25-ips-led-hd-monitor/7295041.p

And this is my Video Card which I really like: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462&cm_re=gigabyte_windforce_gtx_770-_-14-125-462-_-Product

I felt very noobish for buying the display, but I am open to finding a different solution. I am thinking 1440p is the right way to go, but I was wondering if there wre specific ones to get and ones to avoid. I watch tons of YouTube videos and have seen some, but I would like to get a community opinion about this setup. Since I game I want a decent response rate but also want good colors, and I want at least a dual setup for prodictivity. The budget I have for this is pretty open as I am patient and can save money if there is something better that will last me longer and is worth saving money.

I really appreciate any and all suggestions for this monitor set up.

Thanks!

P.S. I always planned to replace my cheap horrible 1600X900 monitor but it was only $50 and worked for a few months.

The ASUS VS247H-P seems to fit your desired specifications perfectly, it's not too expensive but has very good features.

If you are looking at 1440p displays, you can't go wrong with the ASUS PB278Q. Lots of people here on the forums have it, and almost everyone loves it.

If you are looking to get some korean monitors though, I'd say to get a "Pixel Perfect" one. That means that it has gone through some extra testing to ensure that there are no dead pixels. I think the QNIX EVO II was a pretty good one. I think Logan from TekSyndicate has a pretty good video on it.

I decided not to get a korean monitor because I didn't want to have to deal with their customer service and I wanted to have a good stand, and more display cable options.

Sattern,

That is a good suggestion. I will definitely consider it, but I am wondering if there are any 1440p options you or others would recommend?

Addendum: Peopie, I will look into that and report back

Sattern,

That is a good suggestion. I will definitely consider it, but I am wondering if there are any 1440p options you or others would recommend?

Addendum: Peopie, I will look into that and report back

You should use the @username or quote people, so that they know that you have replied to them  :)

@Peopie : Yeah I have been part of Tek Support for awhile and looked into the Korean ones, but I am with you that I like better stands and warranties. The ASUS PB278Q you suggested looks pretty good, definitely cheaper than a comprable Dell monitor. Logan seems to not like the Dell ones as much these days, though if I remember correctly those are 4K ones he doesn't like.

(And thanks for the tip on the @ sign xD )