Could you help me settling down on a PSU?

I have found so many PSUs and I can't decide which one. I need a PSU that is 750W, Modular (and Gold[this is optional]).

Until now, I have 5 tabs open, with 5 different PSUs.

750 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B (Bronze - 65€)

750 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G (Gold - 82€)

750 Watt Corsair CX Series (Bronze - 70€)

750 Watt Corsair CS Series (Gold - 82€)

730 Watt be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM (Bronze - 86€)

I can't decide which one. Please help me!  :unsure:  :unsure:

My build:

i5 4690K

Vapor-X 290 (CF in the future)

I don't see why there's a choice. 750 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G (Gold - 82€)

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Well both Corsair and EVGA are pretty much equally good imo.

Because there's no real difference between bronze and gold, I would definetly get a 80+ gold, though.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

This topic should really go in the Cases and PSU section of the forums, not in the CPU, Motherboard and Memory section. Anyhow, I have a CX750m from Corsair and I like it, but it wouldn't be the greatest, especially for crossfire 290's. I would even recommend stepping up to an 800W or 850W if you're going crossfire 290 just to get a bit of headroom. But if you're going for 750W, definitely go with the 750 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G 80+ Gold. It's a great PSU, gold certification, and the EVGA warranty is great.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Wow. So many fast replies. Thanks everyone!

I already had the EVGA in my cart; I should trust my instinct.

I just didn't like that metal bracket.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and for helping me choose a PSU!

This topic should really go in the Cases and PSU section of the forums, not in the CPU, Motherboard and Memory section. Anyhow, I have a CX750m from Corsair and I like it, but it wouldn't be the greatest, especially for crossfire 290's. I would even recommend stepping up to an 800W or 850W if you're going crossfire 290 just to get a bit of headroom. But if you're going for 750W, definitely go with the 750 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G 80+ Gold. It's a great PSU, gold certification, and the EVGA warranty is great.

The PCPP suggested 692W, that's why I went 750. And I don't think that the GPUs will work on 100% both :D

The PCPP suggested 692W, that's why I went 750. And I don't think that the GPUs will work on 100% both :D

Meh, give or take 50 watts, just thought you might want a bit of headroom to sleep easier at night :) , that's all.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Meh, give or take 50 watts, just thought you might want a bit of headroom to sleep easier at night :) , that's all.

Give or take 20 euros :D

This supposed to be an a-little-bit-more-expensive-than-a-budget-build build. I added a 134 € PSU, and a 4790K with a ASUS VII Hero.

I got my shit together tho, and added a 4690k, a ranger, and a cheaper PSU. Even I got a 230T(instead of an R4).

Give or take 20 euros :D

This supposed to be an a-little-bit-more-expensive-than-a-budget-build build. I added a 134 € PSU, and a 4790K with a ASUS VII Hero.

I get my shit together tho, and added a 4690k, a ranger, and a cheaper PSU. Even I got a 230T(instead of an R4).

Ahhh, I see. Good luck! :)

I know you've already decided but I always like to put reason in every recommendation I make. But this time I think I'll go ahead and be lazy and mention Johnny Guru. Johnny Guru is the single most reliable reviewer for power supplies, even Linus backs that claim. You can find your PSU of choice there and all the various comparisons.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Go for the  EVGA Supernova G2  and not the NEX. The G2 is superior to the NEX (Build quality/OEM). It shouldn't cost that much more.

Go for the  EVGA Supernova G2  and not the NEX. The G2 is superior to the NEX (Build quality/OEM). It shouldn't cost that much more.

I already ordered the NEX. Do you think that it could support the Vapor-X 290? Because the card needs 250W, and I don't know if the 20A rails can give so much power.

Get one of the Corsair RM power supplies. Fan has never needed to spin up on mine, and it has 80 Plus Gold certification.

Get one of the Corsair RM power supplies. Fan has never needed to spin up on mine, and it has 80 Plus Gold certification.

There is way more to the RM Series than a semi-fanless mode and 80Plus Gold. The EVGA G2 750W also has a semi-fanless mode, better ripple suppression and voltage regulation, better build quality with better capacitors, and is generally cheaper than the RM750. The RM Series is overpriced for the low quality capacitors they include.

There is way more to the RM Series than a semi-fanless mode and 80Plus Gold. The EVGA G2 750W also has a semi-fanless mode, better ripple suppression and voltage regulation, better build quality with better capacitors, and is generally cheaper than the RM750. The RM Series is overpriced for the low quality capacitors they include.

The RM Series PSUs are supposed to have high quality capacitors

The RM Series PSUs are supposed to have high quality capacitors

Then you obviously don't know anything about the RM Series.

The RM750 and RM850 are made by Chicony, and use many Ltec secondary capacitors. These are cheap garbage, and Corsair chooses them because the specific places they are used in aren't stressed very much, and so they should last the 5 year warranty. Corsair wouldn't offer a 5 year warranty unless most of the RM Series would survive the full 5 years.

Similarly, the other RM Series (450-650, 1000) use CapXon secondary capacitors. These are also fairly cheap and generally looked down upon, although not as bad as Ltec or Elite. Again, cost saving measure.

The icing on the cake is that Corsair has priced these units higher than the EVGA G2 Series. The G2 has 80Plus Gold efficiency, a semi-fanless mode (both of these the RM Series has), better build quality and full Japanese capacitors, better performance including ripple suppression and voltage regulation, and a 10 year warranty. They're based on Superflower's excellent Leadex Gold platform. G2 > RM, and G2 is generally cheaper than RM. Corsair is coasting on their brand image, pricing units higher than they should be because kids will still recommend them over anything else on forums all over the world.