Antec Kuhler H2O 950 vs Corsair H60 vs Noctua NH-D14?

McKimS
Go to solution Solved by Artem,

The noctua will destroy the antec and the h60, it's not even a fair comparison. My h100 had like 2 degrees at most on my d14 and was 10x louder. D14 is the easy option, if you're looking purely for performance, then who gives 2 shits whether it fits your color scheme.

Hey guys,

NCIX has a deal on right now where I can get one of the aforementioned coolers for basically the same price (Noctua & Corsair are $5 more expensive than Antec). Taking into account possible aesthetics of the case (colour combos) and performance (temps and noise), which would you guys recommend I get? Colour scheme of the rig is:

- Fractal Design Define R4 case (black with side window, white fans, white PCI port covers, etc)

- MSI Z87-G45 motherboard (black, red, and for some reason purple-ish)

- Black everything else

I know I'll get a slight bias towards liquid cooling since I posted this in the Air Cooling section, but I can live with that. Also if the Noctua fan will perform better than the Antec/Corsair, enough to justify getting it even with the odd brown-ish coloured fans, I'm okay with this.

Hey guys,

NCIX has a deal on right now where I can get one of the aforementioned coolers for basically the same price (Noctua & Corsair are $5 more expensive than Antec). Taking into account possible aesthetics of the case (colour combos) and performance (temps and noise), which would you guys recommend I get? Colour scheme of the rig is:

- Fractal Design Define R4 case (black with side window, white fans, white PCI port covers, etc)

- MSI Z87-G45 motherboard (black, red, and for some reason purple-ish)

- Black everything else

I know I'll get a slight bias towards liquid cooling since I posted this in the Water Cooling section, but I can live with that. Also if the Noctua fan will perform better than the Antec/Corsair, enough to justify getting it even with the odd brown-ish coloured fans, I'm okay with this.

First off, please change your text back to normal... You can't see a thing when using Dark Theme, which I am, and I'm sure a lot of others are also.

Anyways, I would go with the Corsair H60 if I was building this and those were my 3 choices. The Noctua wouldn't go too well with your color scheme, and it seems to me that aesthetics are definitely a focus to you. (I am also huge on aesthetics, especially with a window side panel)

But if you were to eliminate one of them, it would be the Antec for sure. Per performance, looks, price, etc, the Antec doesn't seem to hang with the H60 & NH-D14.

Just my opinions.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

First off, please change your text back to normal... You can't see a thing when using Dark Theme, which I am, and I'm sure a lot of others are also.

Anyways, I would go with the Corsair H60 if I was building this and those were my 3 choices. The Noctua wouldn't go too well with your color scheme, and it seems to me that aesthetics are definitely a focus to you. (I am also huge on aesthetics, especially with a window side panel)

But if you were to eliminate one of them, it would be the Antec for sure. Per performance, looks, price, etc, the Antec doesn't seem to hang with the H60 & NH-D14.

Just my opinions.

I wasn't aware my text had changed. I've never altered it, it is like that by default? 

I was thinking the H60, but to be honest I don't know how it holds up against the NH-D14. I know they're both solid, but I've had some feedback that suggests that the D14 would give something close to a 15% improvement, which would definitely justify getting Noctua instead of Corsair. 

The noctua will destroy the antec and the h60, it's not even a fair comparison. My h100 had like 2 degrees at most on my d14 and was 10x louder. D14 is the easy option, if you're looking purely for performance, then who gives 2 shits whether it fits your color scheme.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

I wasn't aware my text had changed. I've never altered it, it is like that by default? 

I was thinking the H60, but to be honest I don't know how it holds up against the NH-D14. I know they're both solid, but I've had some feedback that suggests that the D14 would give something close to a 15% improvement, which would definitely justify getting Noctua instead of Corsair. 

Well, like I said, tough choice.. I do also believe the NH-D14 would slightly out-perform the H60. The Antec shouldn't even be in the running to be honest with you.

As I mentioned though, I only choice H60 for you because the performance would be great, and it would go with your color scheme. However, and although the Noctua cooler won't go with the color scheme, yes, it is the best performer of the 3.

Well, like I said, tough choice.. I do also believe the NH-D14 would slightly out-perform the H60. The Antec shouldn't even be in the running to be honest with you.

As I mentioned though, I only choice H60 for you because the performance would be great, and it would go with your color scheme. However, and although the Noctua cooler won't go with the color scheme, yes, it is the best performer of the 3.

Crap, just realized I was looking at the wrong product... Turns out I was meaning to talk about the Antec 1250, not the 950. 

Crap, just realized I was looking at the wrong product... Turns out I was meaning to talk about the Antec 1250, not the 950. 

Eghh.. Even so, Noctua wins. :P

Seems legit. As I discovered in the past five minutes though, I was talking about the wrong product on the Antec spectrum. It probably won't make a difference with your opinion, but would the dual 120mm liquid-cooling of the Antec 1250 match the efficiency and overall epicness of the D14?

Eghh.. Even so, Noctua wins. :P

I'm perfectly okay with this. :D

You are wrong, it wouldn't slightly outperform the h60, it would destroy it.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

How about the 1250? :3

Well, truth be told I've never done a benchmark/comparison with just these two.. So I don't have the testing or proof to back-up what the difference, or how much it really is.

I have, however, used both in different builds, and yes, as I said, the NH-D14 always etches away as far as performance is concerned.

You might have more experience with these exact two compared/tested/benchmarked side by side, and I would trust your answer if you have.

So if that is the case, then using the word destroy over slightly outperform is fine with me, as long as you have the facts - because I don't. At least not enough to judge HOW much of a performance difference there is; I only know that there is one.

How about the 1250? :3

The 1250 would outperform the d14 by a degree or two.

Well, truth be told I've never done a benchmark/comparison with just these two.. So I don't have the testing or proof to back-up what the difference, or how much it really is.

I have, however, used both in different builds, and yes, as I said, the NH-D14 always etches away as far as performance is concerned.

You might have more experience with these exact two compared/tested/benchmarked side by side, and I would trust your answer if you have.

So if that is the case, then using the word destroy over slightly outperform is fine with me, as long as you have the facts - because I don't. At least not enough to judge HOW much of a performance difference there is; I only know that there is one.

Take a look at my thread here. I compare my d14 to my custom loop which runs a triple aplhacool ut60. Note the temp differences. Also when looking at the temps, make sure to look at the maximums and minimums, as the current readings can throw you off.

Take a look at my thread here. I compare my d14 to my custom loop which runs a triple aplhacool ut60. Note the temp differences. Also when looking at the temps, make sure to look at the maximums and minimums, as the current readings can throw you off.

Ahh, cool cool. I'll definitely take a deeper look later. Only have time to skim right now.

Thanks for the link though, I'm sure OP will benefit from your help.

NH-D14 will lay waste to all 120mm AIO coolers. It's hard to justify getting an H100i or H110 over an NH-D14 even.