My first gaming pc

PatrickHogan

HI there,

I currently play on Xbox one but recently most of my friends have moved to PC. I live in England and coming up at the end of the year I'm going to college (high school for you in america? - I don't really know) so I figured now is as good a tie as any to join the pc master race. I’ve decided - contrary to popular belief - building a PC isn’t for me (for my first time at least) and I have picked out two options. I was wondering, hoping, you could help me decide.

Option 1: £434.99 ($557.77)

CPU: Intel i5 2nd Gen Quad Core 
PSU: 600w EvoLabs 
PSU Connections: 1 x 2pin ATX, 3 x 4pin Molex, 1 x FDD, 2 x SATA
HDD: 1TB SATA
RAM:  8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Motherboard:Intel DQ67SW
Motherboard Connections: PS/2 Mouse & Keyboard, USB 2.0 x 4, USB 3.0 x 2, DVI, LAN, Audio Jacks x 3, PCI-E 3.0 x16 x 1, PCI-E 2.0 x1 x 2
Case: Aerocool Cylon RGB
Windows 10 Pro installed  

Option 2: £499 ($639.84)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g 
PSU:  Corsair vs series, 450w 
1TB HDD @7200rpm
RAM:  8GB DDR4
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050
Windows 10 Pro installed  

Personally, from my limited experience and what I’ve gathered from my research, I think option 1 is better however option 2 has ddr4 ram and a 3.5ghz cpu instead of a 3.1ghz cpu. I was wondering if you had any opinions because my (incredibly helpful) friends don’t care. I’ve watched your videos and I thought you’d be a great company to attempt to get an opinion on because of how much money I’m going to spend (for a 15yo).

Patrick

is your budget under 500

₵₱Ʉ     ł5 8600₭

mσthєrвσαrd     αsrσck z370 kíllєr slí/αc

???     ??????? ????????? ??? ???? ?????? ???    

???? ??????? ??? ???? ?? ?????? ???

????     ???????? ??????? ?????

???????  ?? ????? ??? ??? ??? ?.? ?????? ????????? ???

PSU     Rosewill CAPSTONE 550M

D҉i҉s҉p҉l҉a҉y҉(s҉)     B҉e҉n҉Q҉ V҉A҉ L҉E҉D҉ E҉y҉e҉-c҉a҉r҉e҉ M҉o҉n҉i҉t҉o҉r҉ 2҉2҉ I҉n҉c҉h҉

ᶜᴼᴼᴸᴵᴺᴳ     ᶜᴼᴼᴸᴱᴿ ᴹᴬˢᵀᴱᴿ ᴹᴬˢᵀᴱᴿᴸᴵᵟᵁᴵᴰ ᴸᴵᵀᴱ 120 ᴬᴵᴼ

κεψß⊕αrd     gεηεrïς uηηαmεd ςhεrrψ mx ßレuε ƒακε mεςhαηïςαレ κεψß⊕αrd

MƠƲƧЄ     ƦƛȤЄƦ ƇӇƦƠMƛ ƊЄƛƬӇƛƊƊЄƦ ЄԼƖƬЄ 2017

ѕoυɴd     eѕтoɴe вeѕт coмpυтer ɢαмιɴɢ нeαdѕeт нeαdвαɴd wιтн мιcropнoɴe мιc хιвerια v10 нeαvy вαѕѕ ѕтereo ɢαмe нeαdpнoɴe wιтн lιɢнт ғor pc ɢαмer

ФPΞЯДΓIИG SУSΓΞM     ЩIИDФЩS 10 БЯФ

6 minutes ago, PatrickHogan said:

I'm going to college (high school for you in america? - I don't really know)

No dude, college is still college.

What's the absolute maximum your willing to spend on a PC?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

5 minutes ago, PatrickHogan said:

HI there,

I currently play on Xbox one but recently most of my friends have moved to PC. I live in England and coming up at the end of the year I'm going to college (high school for you in america? - I don't really know) so I figured now is as good a tie as any to join the pc master race. I’ve decided - contrary to popular belief - building a PC isn’t for me (for my first time at least) and I have picked out two options. I was wondering, hoping, you could help me decide.

Option 1: £434.99 ($557.77)

CPU: Intel i5 2nd Gen Quad Core 
PSU: 600w EvoLabs 
PSU Connections: 1 x 2pin ATX, 3 x 4pin Molex, 1 x FDD, 2 x SATA
HDD: 1TB SATA
RAM:  8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Motherboard:Intel DQ67SW
Motherboard Connections: PS/2 Mouse & Keyboard, USB 2.0 x 4, USB 3.0 x 2, DVI, LAN, Audio Jacks x 3, PCI-E 3.0 x16 x 1, PCI-E 2.0 x1 x 2
Case: Aerocool Cylon RGB
Windows 10 Pro installed  

Option 2: £499 ($639.84)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g 
PSU:  Corsair vs series, 450w 
1TB HDD @7200rpm
RAM:  8GB DDR4
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050
Windows 10 Pro installed  

Personally, from my limited experience and what I’ve gathered from my research, I think option 1 is better however option 2 has ddr4 ram and a 3.5ghz cpu instead of a 3.1ghz cpu. I was wondering if you had any opinions because my (incredibly helpful) friends don’t care. I’ve watched your videos and I thought you’d be a great company to attempt to get an opinion on because of how much money I’m going to spend (for a 15yo).

Patrick

could make a better pc if you could extend you budget to 650 or 750

₵₱Ʉ     ł5 8600₭

D҉i҉s҉p҉l҉a҉y҉(s҉)     B҉e҉n҉Q҉ V҉A҉ L҉E҉D҉ E҉y҉e҉-c҉a҉r҉e҉ M҉o҉n҉i҉t҉o҉r҉ 2҉2҉ I҉n҉c҉h҉

ѕoυɴd     eѕтoɴe вeѕт coмpυтer ɢαмιɴɢ нeαdѕeт нeαdвαɴd wιтн мιcropнoɴe мιc хιвerια v10 нeαvy вαѕѕ ѕтereo ɢαмe нeαdpнoɴe wιтн lιɢнт ғor pc ɢαмer

4 minutes ago, PatrickHogan said:

a 3.5ghz cpu instead of a 3.1ghz cpu.

Well unfortunately these can't be compared Apples to apples because the underlying technology is different, but that Ryzen CPU is a lot better because it's newer. I think you should get it because it's more modern, and get an SSD later on.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i can probably afford about £500 atm. I basically need to run r6 at a decent fps on decent graphics. Mainly its just to get off xbox

I’ve watched your videos and I thought you’d be a great company to attempt to get an opinion on because of how much money I’m going to spend (for a 15yo).

Also, most of us here on the forum aren't LTT employees, just users like you. Welcome!

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Well unfortunately these can't be compared Apples to apples because the underlying technology is different, but that Ryzen CPU is a lot better because it's newer. I think you should get it because it's more modern, and get an SSD later on.

ok. my friends say the 1050 ti is definately worth it over the 1050 plus that pc is £700ish less

Also, most of us here on the forum aren't LTT employees, just users like you. Welcome!

nah sorry i just copied and pasted an email i was gonna send them before i found this lol

Just now, PatrickHogan said:

ok. my friends say the 1050 ti is definately worth it over the 1050 plus that pc is £700ish less

700 less? That's not what I see. Also, while the 1050 ti is better than the 1050, that rig still suffers from an old CPU, which will make upgrades more costly in the future. Getting the Ryzen one will let you throw in a better CPU really easy down the line.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Yous3f_M said:

could make a better pc if you could extend you budget to 650 or 750

cant really afford that atm unfortunately. i juat wanna run r6 at a decent fps on respectable graphics and get off of xbox. looking to upgrade in the future tho 

5 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

No dude, college is still college.

What's the absolute maximum your willing to spend on a PC?

£500 atm but looking to upgrade in the future

6 minutes ago, Yous3f_M said:

is your budget under 500

atm yeh but i will upgrade or replace it completely over time when i get a job

£500 atm but looking to upgrade in the future

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xqrHLJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xqrHLJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£145.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£71.98 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: *Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£56.59 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: *Kingston - A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£28.79 @ Aria PC)
Storage: *Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£31.79 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card  (£149.99 @ Ebuyer)
Power Supply: *Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £535.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Can you squeeze out an extra £35.12?

Otherwise you can get ride of the SSD and add one at a later date.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

700 less? That's not what I see. Also, while the 1050 ti is better than the 1050, that rig still suffers from an old CPU, which will make upgrades more costly in the future. Getting the Ryzen one will let you throw in a better CPU really easy down the line.

the pc as a whole is 70 less my bad and thats what i was thinking but for a 1050 ti and much less money. then again i will change in the future but im not sure if it will be upgrades of a new build

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xqrHLJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xqrHLJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£145.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£71.98 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: *Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£56.59 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: *Kingston - A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£28.79 @ Aria PC)
Storage: *Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£31.79 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card  (£149.99 @ Ebuyer)
Power Supply: *Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £535.12

Can you squeeze out an extra £35.12?

that looks good and i can probably get a couple parts second hand or theyll be cheaper somewhere on the internet. thanks

1 minute ago, PatrickHogan said:

i can probably afford about £500 atm. I basically need to run r6 at a decent fps on decent graphics. Mainly its just to get off xbox

the pc as a whole is 70 less my bad and thats what i was thinking but for a 1050 ti and much less money. then again i will change in the future but im not sure if it will be upgrades of a new build

Amd build

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/r9wPLJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/r9wPLJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£37.98 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£57.59 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£56.59 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£47.99 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4 GB GAMING OC rev 2.0 Video Card  (£138.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: CiT - CIT-F3BLACKBLUE MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£29.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design - Integra M 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£51.10 @ Ebuyer) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit 
Total: £419.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-24 15:53 GMT+0000

Intel build

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nNsYtg
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nNsYtg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Celeron G4900 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£48.66 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI - H310M PRO-VH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£48.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£56.59 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 560 - 1024 4 GB GAMING OC rev 2.0 Video Card  (£138.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design - Integra M 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£51.10 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £421.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-24 15:55 GMT+0000

best of both world you can get in your bidget

₵₱Ʉ     ł5 8600₭

3 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

I would say cut the hard drive instead, it's a pain to reinstall Windows on another drive.

Primary PC:

that looks good and i can probably get a couple parts second hand or theyll be cheaper somewhere on the internet. thanks

See if you can find a used RX 580 or GTX 1060 at more or less the price of the RX 570. 

Any of those 3 is a sizeable jump in performance from the 1050ti 

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

I would say cut the hard drive instead, it's a pain to reinstall Windows on another drive.

Good point. Easier that way.

1 minute ago, Yous3f_M said:

Amd build

Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/r9wPLJ/by_merchant/

Intel build

Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nNsYtg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Celeron G4900 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£48.66 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI - H310M PRO-VH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£48.98 @ Amazon UK) 

best of both world you can get in your bidget

thanks man thats seriously cool

2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

See if you can find a used RX 580 or GTX 1060 at more or less the price of the RX 570. 

Any of those 3 is a sizeable jump in performance from the 1050ti 

ok sounds  goood thanks. my friends got 1060 i think and he says its pretty fast

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

Good point. Easier that way.

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Amd build

Intel build

best of both world you can get in your budget

₵₱Ʉ     ł5 8600₭

1 minute ago, PatrickHogan said:

thanks man thats seriously cool

I would go with this build but with a Pentium instead of a Celeron and an RX 570 from eBay.

Primary PC:

I would go with this build but with a Pentium instead of a Celeron and an RX 570 from eBay.

the second build?