Xtra-pc Flash drive

Can anyone please explain to me if Linux in a free OS then why do we need this Thumb Drive, Xtra-pc?

"Xtra-PC: New life for old or dead computers."

" Why invest in a new computer when you can transform your old computer into a like-new one for under $35."

Now I understand Linux is a whole other breed OS and Open Source and it's been around for a long time.

I have not used it, so far I have looked into this and it seems like you can make a thumb drive for free that does this.

I am still un-sure about this product and how it functions and how it bring life back it old pc's and faster.

I would love to see a review on weather it's worth to buy this Drive or make your own.

I mean I understand some people won't understand how to make there own.

To me this seems like a quick fix until you can buy a new laptop. https://www.xtra-pc.com/

7 minutes ago, YogiBehar said:

Can anyone please explain to me if Linux in a free OS then why do we need this Thumb Drive, Xtra-pc?

"Xtra-PC: New life for old or dead computers."

" Why invest in a new computer when you can transform your old computer into a like-new one for under $35."

Now I understand Linux is a whole other breed OS and Open Source and it's been around for a long time.

I have not used it, so far I have looked into this and it seems like you can make a thumb drive for free that does this.

I am still un-sure about this product and how it functions and how it bring life back it old pc's and faster.

I would love to see a review on weather it's worth to buy this Drive or make your own.

I mean I understand some people won't understand how to make there own.

To me this seems like a quick fix until you can buy a new laptop. https://www.xtra-pc.com/

that's just a company trying to make money out of something that's almost free.

and that usb stick, it's just this one with some kind of a linux os on it https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/cruzer-blade

so I could get this usb for like 10 bucks and install some linux distro on it. it's easy money

That's what I thought as I read more into it. But also besides that would it be worth to make such a Flash drive or not?

39 minutes ago, YogiBehar said:

That's what I thought as I read more into it. But also besides that would it be worth to make such a Flash drive or not?

It isn't exept if you can't run windows propperly anymore. or you don't want to pay for windows. or different reasons of course. I personally have this exact sandisk usb with mint installed onto it. but it takes soooooooo long to install it