PC crashes after mining

L0G1C

I’ve been mining XMR with my gaming rig for a while now with minergate but lately it’s been causing my CPU is always crashing, so I reboot and my OC gets rollbacked to stock mine again and still crashes I try again this time turning cpu mining off and it still happens. Is there a way I can fix this because it is getting quite annoying?

Did you overclock your gpu or cpu? What psu are you using and how many watts?

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

On 11/11/2018 at 10:05 AM, 6thOntheLeft said:

Did you overclock your gpu or cpu? What psu are you using and how many watts?

The cpu, and I’m using a 350 watt psu from EVGA hasn’t gave me any problems while mining until now

What's your GPU?

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Your power supply is probably the reason for these crashes,

I see (from your other posts) that you have an R5 1400 overclocked to 3.75 ghz and an RX580 4GB alongside 8GB of RAM... Putting these parts alongside a HDD and no other components in a PSU calculator will tell you that the load wattage required for your system is about 400-450 watts, and you only have a 350 watt PSU...