Graphics cards problems - Laptop

Yessirr

My laptop seems to be getting "confused" as to which graphics card it should use. For example, I recently installed the epic game launcher(fortnite). When i tried to open it the app appeared on the taskbar(Windows 10) but showed nothing on screen even when i pressed it. After experimenting a bit i found out that when i went to the nvidia control panel, app settings then epic game launcher and changed the setting to integrated graphics it opened just fine. I then downloaded the game and when i tried to launch it, it kept showing this crash report. After some searching online i saw someone who said he had a similar problem and he had to go to the device manager and disable the intel graphics every time he wanted to launch the game. I did that and it actually worked. My question is, is there anyway i can fix this problem without having to disable the intel graphics every time? Thanks in advance.

Try going into the NVidia panel and switching it from "Auto" to your discrete graphics card. I've had some problems of my own, this worked for me.

2 minutes ago, RKarim said:

Try going into the NVidia panel and switching it from "Auto" to your discrete graphics card. I've had some problems of my own, this worked for me.

Thanks for the fast reply. By discrete you mean the nvidia card right? Sorry but English isn't my mother tongue. Also will that not drain my battery life when my laptop is not plugged in? 

Yes, I did mean the NVidia card. What I meant was to switch it from Auto, but only for the games you play. So Intel graphics would sitll be used for everything you don't change over.

6 minutes ago, RKarim said:

Yes, I did mean the NVidia card. What I meant was to switch it from Auto, but only for the games you play. So Intel graphics would sitll be used for everything you don't change over.

Ok, will try that.