motherboard issues

this is my 1st time posting on this forum so i'm sorry if im doing it wrong.

short story:

i have a older gaming pc with a intel i5-4690k cpu and a msi gaming 5 z97 motherboard (that's probably broken).

i need a new motherboard but i cant find one with the right chipset. will a new chipset motherboard work fine with my i5-4690k

long boring story:

recently i destroyed my pc because i had a usb drive in it and when i got on my knees to get it i destroyed it and that made my pc shutdown and never turn on again (short circuit probably) .

some small pc repair company that's close to me tried to fix my pc but couldn't because they did not have any spare 1151 motherboards. so now i have to get a new motherboard but i cant find any in my country with a z97 chipset for cheap

(i want to build a amd based pc in the near future so i wont need a fancy motherboard at all) anyways my question is can i get a motherboard with a newer chipset and put in my i5-4690k without any issues?

as you all see my english is not good at all but i hope you understand the question

2 minutes ago, SpeklapLars said:

i hope you understand the question

Your english is fine.

Your main issue is ensuring the CPU socket is identical to the one you have right now.

After that, all you need to do is decide if the new motherboard has the features on it that you want.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Your english is fine.

Your main issue is ensuring the CPU socket is identical to the one you have right now.

After that, all you need to do is decide if the new motherboard has the features on it that you want.

so as long as i pick a 1151 motherboard its gona be fine?

1 minute ago, SpeklapLars said:

so as long as i pick a 1151 motherboard its gona be fine?

The 4690k is 1150 though, 1151 is for the 6th gen and newer chips.

1 minute ago, snowfox99 said:

The 4690k is 1150 though, 1151 is for the 6th gen and newer chips.

oh shit you saved me a shit load of money thanks for helping out this idiot ❤️

Just now, SpeklapLars said:

oh shit you saved me a shit load of money thanks for helping out this idiot ❤️

Hah no problem, also if you get a motherboard that doesn't have a z87 or z97 chipset you won't be able to overclock your CPU, just something to keep in mind