Mouse input lag when high cpu usage.

Hi,

I have been having this problem for a while now, where basically when I have a high cpu usage in task manager, i have alot of mouse input lag and mouse input just not happening at all. This all happens when playing games, mainly fortnite, pubg and gta v. I also notice that when I alt+tab to look at task manager the game can only be taking 50% to 70% of the cpu, with very little in the background. I have a little bit less fps before, but I am currently being cpu bottlenecked, which i never had before. Im not sure exactly when it started and cant pinpoint what triggered it. Since then i have slightly oc'd my cpu from 3.5ghz to try and fix but no luck there (it is stable and havent had to increase voltage). At the same time i increased ram from 2400 to 2666. I am really having trouble trying to fix this, all drivers are up to date, gpu drivers are on the latest 'optional' drivers as an attempt to fix. Ill post my system specs and get a video of task manager in a game right now. My mobo is a MSI B350 PC MATE. UPDATE: while writing this post i had one fortnite game which was ok, not much input lag although a low fps when there was lots going on. I did note the cpu temps were normal, around 55-60 however I couldnt see anything else. maybe it was just the location of the map or something. i run at medium and low settings, normally achieving my 144fps max for my monitor.  I dont use vsync, just the fps cap setting. back to the normal input lag now. Sorry if its unclear, I will answer any questions and if you need any more info just ask. I would really appreciate some help :)

i2050136848_taskmanager.JPG.27812a93337dae6f159fdf20ce102b4b.JPGspecs1.JPG.76109c513481e0a4e904578de00fa612.JPG

hello there, i tested it and it was all good until about a minute in i got this message, not sure what it means

dpc.JPG

So I have switched to a powerline ethernet from WiFi, I have less input lag but it is still apparant, I was thinking to do a complete driver reinstallation. Do you think this would work?

4 hours ago, Si1veRYT said:

I forgot to quote your answer in my response. :)

Dont think the result should impact your mouse tbh.

Can you keep your ressource monitor running and check if during the time you have input issues something else is happening? Maybe some background process etc.

(For example i lag everytime in modded minecraft when the fing java garbage collector clears out ram.)