PC keeps freezing while gaming

Cookiesaurus

Hello,

I'm currently trying to fix one of my mate's computers. The only games that he's playing atm are World of Warcraft and Overwatch. When his OW used to crash, an error message saying: Rendering device has been lost. used to pop up. After a clean OS installations, during both of these games, he seems to be getting random freezes. His pc becomes unresponsive and he needs to reboot it in order to work. When I had the PC at my place, I was able to play for 2 days without a single crash, but when I gave the pc back to him, on his second day he got one freeze and the next day there were 4 crashes within an hour. I've already tried to talk to Blizzard tech support and they said that the issue is definitely on my side.

His rig is

Intel i5-3570

Asus P8Q77-M

Gigabyte GTX 650Ti

Seasonic S12II-520W

2x 2gb Kingston DDR3 ram

1x 4gb Corsair RAM

Thank you

30 minutes ago, Cookiesaurus said:

Nothing is overclocked, GPU temperatures are peaking at 53°C

To me, this sounds like a dying GPU, because of the render device lost error. Can you try to run without GPU on integrated graphics? Does it freeze?

When I saw that error, that's what I thought as well, but as I said, I've had the computer running for 2 days without a single crash and the error message is not coming up anymore. I'm gonna try it with another GPU, but I'm kinda scared that I won't be able to get it to crash nonetheless