Having issues with setting up SSD

FockeSterben

Backstory: My friends laptop Mobo died a week ago and he gave me the laptop and bought himself a new one. After messing around with it I decided that there's nothing to get it back working so I decided to take out the SSD to use it on my PC .

I installed it to my PC (I have a main 1TB HDD aswell) but on booting up it feels like it is always prefering the SSD to startup before : Starts to boot - Loads - getting a blue background (not bsod) with text: "This program can be only started in Lenovo PC. Press any button to restart.

I tried setting every possible option to boot first from my HDD and even disabled SSD from boot options but I still get that message.

What should I do? One option was to disconnect the sata cable and attach it back when I am already booted up to HDD but I have no I idea of how would that work out or would it damage the SSD or Mobo.

Main PC:

I5 4590

MSI H81m p33

8GB Ram

R9 280x

Toshiba 1TB HDD

SSD: Samsung 128gb

28 minutes ago, FockeSterben said:

What should I do? One option was to disconnect the sata cable and attach it back when I am already booted up to HDD but I have no I idea of how would that work out or would it damage the SSD or Mobo.

Doing this won't damage the SSD or the motherboard, but you must firs enable hot-plugging for the sata ports or the ssd won't show up when you connect the cable. 

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

8 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Doing this won't damage the SSD or the motherboard, but you must firs enable hot-plugging for the sata ports or the ssd won't show up when you connect the cable. 

I'll try that. But how could I wipe that SSD clean ? And is there any way to move my OS from HDD to SSD?

1 minute ago, FockeSterben said:

I'll try that. But how could I wipe that SSD clean ? And is there any way to move my OS from HDD to SSD?

Well if you don't care for the data on the SSD, you could make a bootable linux usb, and format it from there via gparted.

There are tools used for cloning the drives, which can be used to move the OS, but it is usually a good idea to do a fresh install.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB