How long will mac last

I was thinking to buy new MacBook pro 13 inch 2018 model for ios development and video editing. I have found out that now SSD and rams are soldered to the motherboard so I would not be able to change the SSD if something goes wrong. So for how long will SSD last. If SSD dies than what would I do with the mac?

SSD's dont break or die very often at all.I still use a 2.5inch 1tb hdd from a laptop from around 8 years ago and still works fine.An ssd especially from apple will last a very long time. Make sure you buy the amount of ram and storage you want when you purchase the device, otherwise upgrading them down the line is very very difficult.

If the ssd did die apple will fix them even in about 5+ years.

Well for the history of Apple Laptops, I own a 2010 Core i5 15inch MacBook Pro, it still works and works really well, no issues at all! I have upgraded the memory and changed the HDD for an SSD.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

43 minutes ago, adityasharma7755 said:

if ssd breaks how apple will fix it as it is already soldered.

the main issue with ssd errors are usually due to hardware relation problems such as wiring etc or soldering. in  which "IF" their service provider is licensed to do they can transfer the data.

20 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

Well for the history of Apple Laptops, I own a 2010 Core i5 15inch MacBook Pro, it still works and works really well, no issues at all! I have upgraded the memory and changed the HDD for an SSD.

this issue of soldering only happened with 2015 late till current date.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, Sousuke said:

Yes that is the advantage with the old system apple used to make.But now they are all soldered.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:02 AM, zhubaohi said:

This year's model comes with 8th gen CPU, so it will probable lasts longer.

I'm just not a fan of the touchbar.

the laptop is thin, so thermal issue, faster hardware degrade.

they get around the thermal issues by using the lower part of the case as a heat sink I've read. Also they probably wouldn'tchange the SSD in the apple store, they'd either send it off or just change it for a new Mac on the spot.

Had my Mac for 5 years. no issues with anything. only turn it off once a month and still have no issues. you'd be fine with it