Keyboard Suggestions

Revontuli

Hello there,

So I am looking for a new keyboard to use within the $0-75 dollar range.

It however has to feature a few macro keys since I am currently missing those on my keyboard (thats why I am looking for a new one).

I saw the Corsair K55 RGB myself but noticed that these have dome switches instead of mechanical. 

My current keyboards aren't mechanical but I would like to be able to customize some of the keys (WASD and Enter/Backspace) and don't know if this is possible.

Any thoughts/tips/recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

You may wanna look into Autohotkey its a little programm that allows you to write macros and such and assign them to key presses at will on ANY keyboard.

available here: https://autohotkey.com/

^ needs some tutorials though and isnt as "nice" as some other options.

If you want a cheap mechanical Keyboard there is an LTT vid for that:

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

keep in mind most games flag AHK as a cheat program, so...

(also this is assuming OP wants two full keyboards on their desk, and has the time to setup and troubleshoot)

Thats why i said look into it not "UNCONDITIONALY RECOMMEND DOING THIS INSTEAD" :P

and he could just rebind say Numpad keys to get macro keys with just 1 Keyboard

It really boils down to the use-case

10 minutes ago, VK707 said:

You may wanna look into Autohotkey its a little programm that allows you to write macros and such and assign them to key presses at will on ANY keyboard.

available here: https://autohotkey.com/

^ needs some tutorials though and isnt as "nice" as some other options.

If you want a cheap mechanical Keyboard there is an LTT vid for that:

Alright thanks, I am gonna check out this video then.

But if I understand correctly there aren't really any single-keyboard prebuild options with a few macros on the side like the K55 under 75?

If not, do you think I would regret purchasing the k55? Since I am really looking into an all-in-one solution (preferably without autokey or something similar)

Iam not that familiar with the K55 in particular but Corsair is a reputable brand and if it appeals to you go for it i doubt you will try it and instantly hate it. Mechanical vs Other Choices is down to preference and not the be all and end all thing to aspire to. While i personally dont enjoy typing on Membrane Boards i dont hate em and i know people that prefer em even. So go for it.