Want Input on The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro

jiyeon

Hi, so I've been looking for a new keyboard, and I've 90% made my mind up on one; The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro.

Admittedly the reasoning behind it is because of the Cloud9 CSGO team and their use of the HyperX Alloy FPS keyboards, specifically Autimatiic who uses the HyperX Alloy FPS Pro, I assume the Cherry MX Red version. Skadoodle and Rush use the non-TKL Alloy FPS.

I'm interested in the Cherry MX Blue version because I'm far too used to blues (even though the blues on my keyboard are clones) so I'd rather stay with them. It would be £79.99 off Amazon UK which is expensive considering I'm also going after a HyperX Cloud II. :(

For anyone who's used the HyperX Alloy FPS, is it worth the hefty pricetag on it, or are there better options out there? I've watched plenty of reviews on it, and it's pretty much everything in a 'gaming' keyboard I'd ever want, but the price again is a turn-off.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

If you're just gaming, then Cherry MX Reds will serve you better than Blues. 

Also, how much does the Logitech G610 w/ Reds cost you?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, r2724r16 said:

If you're just gaming, then Cherry MX Reds will serve you better than Blues. 

The reds are so hard to come by and are never in stock on Amazon UK, as well as being £10 more than the blues version. :( It's actually still a consideration to me, I just prefer to stay with blues for now.

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Also, how much does the Logitech G610 w/ Reds cost you?

There's two listings on Amazon, one listing says it's £99.60 and the other is £161, which is absolutely out of my price range. I'm also only after TKL keyboards.

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

What about the CM MasterKeys S? How much does that cost you?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

What about the CM MasterKeys S? How much does that cost you?

A Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S white LED version is £79.99, but I'd rather not ever touch a Cooler Master product ever again.

Just now, seoz said:

A Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S white LED version is £79.99, but I'd rather not ever touch a Cooler Master product ever again.

I used to have a CM Devestator keyboard and it was great (lasted me quite a while). 

I guess your best option is the Hyperx Alloy FPS then.

Although I would try to get the keyboard with reds since those switches are much easier to press while gaming (therefore less finger fatigue compared to blues). 

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Although I would try to get the keyboard with reds since those switches are much easier to press while gaming (therefore less finger fatigue compared to blues). 

I suppose, it is £10 more than the blues version, but I am playing CSGO a lot more nowadays so the reds would be more appropriate in theory.

That is, if I can even find them in-stock on Amazon!