looking for the a compact solution

#Banana
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

Silverstone Sugo sg13B. Beautifully tiny case with just enough room for everything.

I want to find a nice compact case for my pc that i use for lite work the specs are as fallows:

• asus p8z77-i deluxe
  • 16gb dominator platinum
  • gt 1030
  • corsair h80i v2
  • 1 samsung ssd 
  • corsair sf600 psu

I want to fit all of the above contents into the smallest case possible. 

**Bonus points if i can use the h80i as exhaust and add an intake fan.** 

* The motherboard and ram add some fitment challenges.* 

I dont have a specific budget in mind but cheaper is better, these arent the best components but im willing to shell out if everything fits perfectly.

please hit me with your suggestions!

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

Silverstone Sugo sg13B. Beautifully tiny case with just enough room for everything.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Im not a huge fan of that case. i would have to use the aio as intake and i would be limited to 1 fan. I have some older nf-f12s i could use as the single fan, also i would have to buy an adapter for the psu. not a fan of that either  but if there isnt any other good options i can always make it work

1 minute ago, #Banana said:

also i would have to buy an adapter for the psu.

Did your power supply not come with one? Bought a silverstone one lately and it shipped with a bracket, plus it shouldn't be all that expensive.

3 minutes ago, #Banana said:

i would have to use the aio as intake and i would be limited to 1 fan.

Since the volume of the case is so low, and there's so much ventilation, this is no actually an issue

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Did your power supply not come with one? Bought a silverstone one lately and it shipped with a bracket, plus it shouldn't be all that expensive.

Since the volume of the case is so low, and there's so much ventilation, this is no actually an issue

my psu didnt come with one :(

2 minutes ago, #Banana said:

my psu didnt come with one :(

https://www.aerocooler.com/silverstone-sst-pp08b-sfx-to-atx-power-supply-adapter/

good thing it's relatively cheap

Although, here's another thought. What kind of GT 1030 do you have? if it's a low profile card there are some other options available.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Although, here's another thought. What kind of GT 1030 do you have? if it's a low profile card there are some other options available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9MQDP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty low profile. I picked this one because i need the displayport for 4k60

7 minutes ago, #Banana said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9MQDP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty low profile. I picked this one because i need the displayport for 4k60

Ah unfortunately all the good low profile cases I can think don't support your radiator

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Ah unfortunately all the good low profile cases I can think don't support your radiator

yeah... i grabbed the rad and psu  for a 9900k itx web browsing pc, at-least thats the plan. 

(9900k and gt 1030 like a baws)

web browsing pc

A tad excessive, to say the least

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

A tad excessive, to say the least

future proofing i know its a stupid idea but if i can, i will.

future proofing

Not real, sorry, unless you can predict the future. There's a strong chance you'll find that money poorly spent one day.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Not real, sorry, unless you can predict the future. There's a strong chance you'll find that money poorly spent one day.

that's what making more money is for.

Just now, #Banana said:

that's what making more money is for.

Here's an example:

A core 2 quad q6600 with a motherboard that has built in graphics is considered very suitable for web browsing. A Pentium from 5 years ago is also considered suitable. There's no precedent to suggest an 8 core, 16 thread monster is required to simply browse the web and play back multimedia files for casual everyday use. Using an i9 for web browsing is extremely likey to be overkill for the forseeable future, and possibly for all time since software optimization is gonna pick up to make up for moore's law slacking.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Here's an example:

A core 2 quad q6600 with a motherboard that has built in graphics is considered very suitable for web browsing. A Pentium from 5 years ago is also considered suitable. There's no precedent to suggest an 8 core, 16 thread monster is required to simply browse the web and play back multimedia files for casual everyday use. Using an i9 for web browsing is extremely likey to be overkill for the forseeable future, and possibly for all time since software optimization is gonna pick up to make up for moore's law slacking.

I know its a stupid idea, i just want to make it into a pc capable of anything except gaming hence the 1030.

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

i ordered it, will give it a shot. if it doesn't make me happy, ill return or resell it.

Just now, #Banana said:

i ordered it, will give it a shot. if it doesn't make me happy, ill return or resell it.

Silverstone also is great with support, offering very cheap replacement front panels and what not.

Primary PC:

11 hours ago, #Banana said:

Bonus points if i can use the h80i as exhaust and add an intake fan.

But in a small case, why would you want to compromise your cpu cooling like that?

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷