Planning on 1300x

Go to solution Solved by bleedblue,

The 1200 will probably be a better choice since you're planning on OC-ing anyway. It's exactly the same as the 1300x just comes with lower clocks out of the box.

The stealth can definitely handle the 1200/1300x, I used it with my 1400 OC'd to 3.7 Ghz and temps stay below 70 C while gaming.

Hi, I'm going to build a PC with Ryzen 3 1300x and have several question to ask since I don't want it to be a false decision in any point.

Is it better than Ryzen 3 2200G? The differences I know are, in term of cache, the 1300x has twice the 2200G cache. The system memory specification for 1300x is 2667Mhz, and 2993Mhz for the 2200G.

Does the system memory specification means I can't go higher than 2667Mhz ram speed? Since I'm planning to put Team T-Force Vulcan 3000Mhz (2x8GB) in it.

Will it run well with Asrock AB350M-HDV board? Since I'm on a tight budget and the cheapest B350 (but from a good brand) motherboard is this one.

I'm planning to do some mild OC on it, probably will go to 3,7-3,8Ghz, will the wraith stealth cooler do good or should I get an aftermarket (air)cooler? If yes, what is the best low budget air cooler (with AM4 out of the box compatibility) that is better than the wraith stealth?

For the graphic card, I found a good deal for Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB Edition for the price of 1050Ti. Will the 1300x and 970 come along well or is there any possible bottleneck?

All these will be powered by Cooler Master MWE 500W and I know it is a good PSU since it's on tier 4 of linustechtips PSU Tier List.

Don't bother with the 1300X, the 2200G or 1200 are better value, or jump up to a 1400 and get SMT

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

The 1200 will probably be a better choice since you're planning on OC-ing anyway. It's exactly the same as the 1300x just comes with lower clocks out of the box.

The stealth can definitely handle the 1200/1300x, I used it with my 1400 OC'd to 3.7 Ghz and temps stay below 70 C while gaming.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

10 hours ago, gbmike said:

Hi, I'm going to build a PC with Ryzen 3 1300x and have several question to ask since I don't want it to be a false decision in any point.

Is it better than Ryzen 3 2200G? The differences I know are, in term of cache, the 1300x has twice the 2200G cache. The system memory specification for 1300x is 2667Mhz, and 2993Mhz for the 2200G.

Does the system memory specification means I can't go higher than 2667Mhz ram speed? Since I'm planning to put Team T-Force Vulcan 3000Mhz (2x8GB) in it.

Will it run well with Asrock AB350M-HDV board? Since I'm on a tight budget and the cheapest B350 (but from a good brand) motherboard is this one.

I'm planning to do some mild OC on it, probably will go to 3,7-3,8Ghz, will the wraith stealth cooler do good or should I get an aftermarket (air)cooler? If yes, what is the best low budget air cooler (with AM4 out of the box compatibility) that is better than the wraith stealth?

For the graphic card, I found a good deal for Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB Edition for the price of 1050Ti. Will the 1300x and 970 come along well or is there any possible bottleneck?

All these will be powered by Cooler Master MWE 500W and I know it is a good PSU since it's on tier 4 of linustechtips PSU Tier List.

As the people before me said, just get a 1200. Even when not OC'd, it's not a whole lot slower than other Ryzen 3's.

IMO, no, the 1300X is not better than the 2200G. For less money, you're getting around the same clockspeed, the same CPU cooler, and integrated graphics.

Those memory speeds mean what is shown to be best supported. With a slightly updated process came better memory support.

The 2200G will work great with that motherboard. Most motherboards ordered from digital retailers already have their BIOSes updated to a point where they support them. If not, you can request a CPU to update the BIOS.

Depends on how tight your budget is. Nothing wrong with an aftermarket cooler, but you said "mild OCing." If you meant to <4.0 GHz, then stick with stock cooler.

Oh, a 970? Yeah, just stick with the 1200.

13 hours ago, bleedblue said:

If I OC 1300x from 3.5 to 3.8, will it has the same (temp, stability, volt needed) with 1200 OCed to 3.8 aswell? Since I only raise 0.3Ghz with 1300x, but need to increase 0.7Ghz with the 1200.

Just now, gbmike said:

If I OC 1300x from 3.5 to 3.8, will it has the same (temp, stability, volt needed) with 1200 OCed to 3.8 aswell? Since I only raise 0.3Ghz with 1300x, but need to increase 0.7Ghz with the 1200.

Minus clock speeds, the Ryzen 3 1200 and Ryzen 3 1300X are the exact same CPU. In theory, with the same voltage and clock speed, they should have the same level of stability and temperatures.

3 hours ago, m0n4rchy said:

As the people before me said, just get a 1200. Even when not OC'd, it's not a whole lot slower than other Ryzen 3's.

IMO, no, the 1300X is not better than the 2200G. For less money, you're getting around the same clockspeed, the same CPU cooler, and integrated graphics.

Those memory speeds mean what is shown to be best supported. With a slightly updated process came better memory support.

The 2200G will work great with that motherboard. Most motherboards ordered from digital retailers already have their BIOSes updated to a point where they support them. If not, you can request a CPU to update the BIOS.

Depends on how tight your budget is. Nothing wrong with an aftermarket cooler, but you said "mild OCing." If you meant to <4.0 GHz, then stick with stock cooler.

Oh, a 970? Yeah, just stick with the 1200.

As far as I know, we don't need to update the BIOS unless having a problem, right? Since the price gap is not that much, will the 8MB L3 cache on 1300x worth the extra money?

Just now, gbmike said:

As far as I know, we don't need to update the BIOS unless having a problem, right? Since the price gap is not that much, will the 8MB L3 cache on 1300x worth the extra money?

Yes, unless the system doesn't work properly, you don't need to update the BIOS. The extra 4MB of L3 cache won't provide a massive performance increase in, well, about anything.

24 minutes ago, m0n4rchy said:

Yes, unless the system doesn't work properly, you don't need to update the BIOS. The extra 4MB of L3 cache won't provide a massive performance increase in, well, about anything.

14 hours ago, bleedblue said:

Thank you for your help