Drives showing up as External devices

K0nvikT001

SO recently my one hard drive died (no issue with that) but since then, windows has been showing my second drive (E:) that i have programs installed on as an External device even though its plugged in through SATA and it not really much of an issue. it just bothers me and i wonder if anyone knows why this happens. I just bought a second internal HDD and when i plugged it in just now, it also shows up as an external drive (but this could be explained by the fact i havent partitioned it yet and i plan to use it for something else)... Weird part is that i have a third drive(G:) that doesn't show up as an external drive, but i can access it just fine and it works properly and everything.

I have provided a screenshot of what i am explaining here for graphical representation...

Anyway, any idea on wtf is going on or what could be causing this hiccup?

the heck.jpg

If you check the motherboard configuration it may have the option to allow for 'hotplug' support for esata functions.

If you don't want to mess with bios settings then try powering down the machine, moving the sata connector for the drive to another and see if that resolves the issue.

SATA hotplugging (facepalms) Okay. PC is kinda busy downloading some software right now but i will go check it some other time when i shut down my PC. And i dont think its the SATA connectors as this sstarted only recently (say a 2 months ago or so). but again the only reason this pisses me off is that my important hard drive is the one that shows up and the one with just stuff i wont be too bothered if its unplugged doesnt show up...