Need Help Upgrading My GPU

Dear awesome community:

I have decided to upgrade my GPU to (let's say) this 2080 GPU. However, there are a few concerns that I have as I am not as experienced with hardware as I would like to:

First of all, as you can see in my rig specs, I have a Sirtec 500w PSU, which is under the minimum 650 required by the RTX. Now, do you think that is worth trying to run that card with the actual PSU or I should upgrade to a 650 one? 

Secondly, my Zalman Z11 Plus says in the specs that it accepts up to 290mm long GPUs, and the Gigabyte RTX 2080 is 280mm. I think it should be quite ok, but it's almost reaching the limits. Did you guys have any bad experience with such situations?

Finally, do you notice any other potential problem this GPU may have in terms of compatibility with the current system? 

Thank you, and keep up the good work

Serban

This is my not so awesome old rig: 

i7 4770 3.4GHz

Gigabyte GTX 660

24 GB RAM

MSI H87-G41

Sirtec 500W

Zalman Z11 Plus

1)

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a 500W PSU, since just the card and the CPU's TDP alone sucks up ~300Ws. I wouldn't feel comfortable if the constant PSU wattage usage is above 70% (so above 350W for your case).

They say 650W since the 2080 is a high-end card, so they are also taking account for the extra wattage that may come from other parts in a high-end system (i.e. heavily OCed CPU, watercooling, etc.)

Since you don't have any of that, I think you would be fine with a good quality 550W PSU. 500W imo is pushing it though.

But we are talking about an unreleased card. Wait until tomorrow for the embargo to lift for detailed reviews.

2)

Open up your case with a ruler and measure how a 280mm object will fit in.

3)

No compatibility issues as far as I know.

1) Gaming Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TZskD2

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.2GHz OC | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi ITX | RAM: 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz G.Skill Ripjaws X-series | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC @ 1817MHz OC

PSU: EVGA 650W G2 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w/ Noctua NF-F12 Fan | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: WD Blue 2TB

Monitor: Dell S2417DG 1440p @ 144Hz w/ G-Sync | Speakers: M-Audio Studiophile AV40 | Keyboard: Corsair K65 Compact Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

2) Digital Forensics Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sWV7w6

CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.3GHzMotherboard: ASRock EP2C612D16-4L RAM: 8x16GB DDR4-2133MHz Samsung ECC Server Memory

PSU: EVGA 1200W P2 80+ Platnium | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Cooler: 2x Noctua NH-U9DX i4 | SSD: Samsung 960 PRO 1TB | HDD: 4x WD Red 4TB

Monitor: 2x LG25UM56-P 2560x1080p @ 60Hz

I am gonna wait and be careful with the benchmark and see how things go. I also opened my case and measured and I think It has + 1.5 more cm than it would require for the GPU.

Thank you for the answer , @willing