Upgrade advice for old server

I was given a Dell PowerEdge T605 with dual Opteron 2378 CPUs, among other toys.
I've enjoyed playing with an upgrading my PowerEdge 2900 III, but this Opteron system seems to have far less info out there than the Xeon one....or my google skills are very lacking (always a possibility)

In any event, upgrading the RAM is easy and cheap enough, but the CPU specs are another story. Anyone know the best CPUs I can install in this server?

I don't have a specific use for the system just yet, so I"m open to advice on which CPUs to install.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I was given a Dell PowerEdge T605 with dual Opteron 2378 CPUs, among other toys.
I've enjoyed playing with an upgrading my PowerEdge 2900 III, but this Opteron system seems to have far less info out there than the Xeon one....or my google skills are very lacking (always a possibility)

In any event, upgrading the RAM is easy and cheap enough, but the CPU specs are another story. Anyone know the best CPUs I can install in this server?

I don't have a specific use for the system just yet, so I"m open to advice on which CPUs to install.

Those cpus are now 10 years old, so even if you find a compatible cpu upgrade it probably wont do that much

8 minutes ago, digitaldoughnut said:

Those cpus are now 10 years old, so even if you find a compatible cpu upgrade it probably wont do that much

The CPUs in the 23xx family are on eBay for under 20$ a pair, I can toss that at the system.

I was hoping to find a pair of 6-core ones, but again, upgrade info is slim, hence my question(s)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.