Hi I want to build my first pc but want to start with a bang ( as most good things are)... I meant the universe. I have a £2000 budget give or take £500 and have not fixed my mind on certain parts and would like advice and suggestions please.

Hi

What exactly do you need ? Just the tower or do you need a monitor and peripherals etc as well ?

I need the tower and also peripherals but they won’t be factored into my budget and will probably get them separately 

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JtD629
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JtD629/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  (£284.98 @ PC World Business) 
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design - Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£123.92 @ More Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£224.39 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£151.55 @ Box Limited) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£139.57 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£89.96 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Xtreme Edition 11G Video Card  (£729.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.98 @ PC World Business) 
Total: £1914.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-15 18:05 BST+0100

Here's a list for you to consider; Ryzen 7 2700X on an X470 motherboard, 16GB of RAM (with RGB), and a GTX 1080 Ti, all for under £2000.

If you needed a monitor and peripherals, reducing the amount of storage, changing to cheaper non-RGB RAM, and going for perhaps a Ryzen 5 2600 and an Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One is a nice alternative.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, seoz said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JtD629
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JtD629/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  (£284.98 @ PC World Business) 
CPU Cooler: Fractal Design - Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£123.92 @ More Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£224.39 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£151.55 @ Box Limited) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£139.57 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£89.96 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Xtreme Edition 11G Video Card  (£729.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.98 @ PC World Business) 
Total: £1914.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-15 18:05 BST+0100

Here's a list for you to consider; Ryzen 7 2700X on an X470 motherboard, 16GB of RAM (with RGB), and a GTX 1080 Ti, all for under £2000.

If you needed a monitor and peripherals, reducing the amount of storage, changing to cheaper non-RGB RAM, and going for perhaps a Ryzen 5 2600 and an Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One is a nice alternative.

Thank you a lot how good do you think this rig would be

Damn really I thought it would cost a lot more to get top of the line. What settings would you think this could run games on like most high one or two ultra

28 minutes ago, WarriorWolf56 said:

I need the tower and also peripherals but they won’t be factored into my budget and will probably get them separately 

What resolution you going to be gaming at ? as that will impact gpu choice.

17 minutes ago, WarriorWolf56 said:

Damn really I thought it would cost a lot more to get top of the line. What settings would you think this could run games on like most high one or two ultra

Yeah, no. Unless you're getting into CPU's like i9's and Threadrippers, SLI, ludicrous amounts of storage, absurd amounts of memory... you get the idea. If you're not going completely overboard, it doesn't cost more than $2000 to get the best of the best. As for what settings? 

Ultra. Easily.

Even at 4K, it can handle itself well.

1 minute ago, m0n4rchy said:

Yeah, no. Unless you're getting into CPU's like i9's and Threadrippers, SLI, ludicrous amounts of storage, absurd amounts of memory... you get the idea. If you're not going completely overboard, it doesn't cost more than $2000 to get the best of the best. As for what settings? 

Ultra. Easily.

Even at 4K, it can handle itself well.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

9 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Well the 1080 ti has been suggested and I will just use the highest resolution it’s capable of without dropping frames

3 minutes ago, WarriorWolf56 said:

Well the 1080 ti has been suggested and I will just use the highest resolution it’s capable of without dropping frames

The 1080 ti can handle any resolution (Some better than others obviously) but the sweet spot is 1440p/165Hz. Those monitors are pretty expensive though i.e £500+ for a 27" IPS G-Sync. If you go 1080p then the 1080 ti is somewhat overkill as a 1070 ti would do fine.

How well do you think this would hold up in the future in like 2-5 years compared to other future machines