Assistance in mouse selection

WheelsTheKid

Problem 1

I'm physically disabled and unable to open my hand much and can't move my hand much either. I have searched high and low for a small compact mouse that has a high sensitivity.. right now I just have a run of the mill "logi" mouse (logitech) and it just is not doing the job sensitivity wise, the size is great as it is tiny. Any suggestions would be super appreciated..

Problem 2

As seen above I have a logitech mouse and I recently purchased an Acer Nitro 5 and none of the logitech mice I own will double click.. any help would be fantastic!

have you tried macros. with many mice you can set it so the alternative clicks on the mouse could say click twice

you could try https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-110?country=GB&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI77WkvsSx3QIVTLDtCh2mhAduEAQYAyABEgKVfvD_BwE#rival-110-arctis-white.

also many mice and hardware manufactures love creating unique products catered to those with disability. if you can contact them via twitter or other mediums they may be able to help you. Microsoft recently did this.

all the best wishes i have a neurological issue. so know what its like 

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

their websites often have contact us which you can email them. attach pictures showing what you might need help from them with. twitter again take pictures and send it to them. gaming communities love getting behind people and enabling them to game then same as those whom are more able bodied

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

please let me know how it goes. i would love to see your solution?

all the best

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Interesting conundrum... perhaps the "DPI wars" of late could actually serve you well here.  There are mice that can go over 16000 iirc.  As for size, I know there are also some very tiny mice out there (generally given out at trade shows), but I'm not sure if any company has decided to combine both of those properties.

Have you considered using a trackball instead?  That would allow you to move the cursor around without moving your hand.

As for the double click issue, does turning the timing window in Windows to the maximum not give enough freedom?  By my estimate it allows clicks up to a full second apart to count as a double click.  It also allows movement within an 8x8 area before considering it a separate event iirc.  If that's not enough I believe you can change that in the registry. (nvm I was thinking of how far something has to be moved before it is considered the start of a drag action)

However, I think your best option would be to get a mouse with some spare buttons that you can map to a double-click macro.  My current mouse can do that (however it's rather huge so not suitable for your situation).

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Do you have any suggestions on what companies I should try contacting?

razer.

Logitech.

steelseries.

roccat.

final mouse.

hyperX.

Asus.

Alienware.

Acer.

Corsair.

mionix.

also you could try the touch pad style. Apple make one as an example https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MJ2R2Z/A/magic-trackpad-2-silver?fnode=56 (this is expensive but a good suggestion.

these are just a few.

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

this may come across as condescending and i apologise, but have you tried turning up the pointer speed in the mouse settings?

also if you download the software for your mouse from logitech you can set the middle button to double click.

1 minute ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

this may come across as condescending and i apologise, but have you tried turning up the pointer speed in the mouse settings?

also if you download the software for your mouse from logitech you can set the middle button to double click.

It wasn't no worries! but yeah I've done that, I've tried to access the mouse's settings but I guess you have to access it through setpoint and have a unifying receiver? I'm not computer savvy whatsoever, and the only problem with using the middle button is it's a little tough pressing the button with my limited strength 

have you also tried eye tracking hardware https://www.tobii.com

tobii have some experience in working with disabled people.

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

23 minutes ago, WheelsTheKid said:

It wasn't no worries! but yeah I've done that, I've tried to access the mouse's settings but I guess you have to access it through setpoint and have a unifying receiver? I'm not computer savvy whatsoever, and the only problem with using the middle button is it's a little tough pressing the button with my limited strength 

no problem, have you tried a trackball? with the settings at high i can move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other buy moving my thump a half an inch. here's 2 from logitech:

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/mx-ergo-wireless-trackball-mouse?crid=7

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/wireless-trackball-m570?crid=7

Also does you mouse have the back forward navigation buttons? they can also be set to double click.

EDIT: Missed one, like the 2 linked above but uses index/middle finger.

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/trackman-marble-business