PC won't post anymore

Superchet

I just downloaded the BFV Open Beta and once I loaded in, my display driver crashed (presumably) and I restarted my pc. My fans and lights turn on, everything's getting power, but I still get the tedious "No Signal". I've also tried using the mobo display output, but no luck. 

i7-2600k / GTX 1060 6GB (if it helps :/)

Tried another GPU and it also didn't work ._.

I'm scared

Start by resetting the CMOS

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

20 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Start by resetting the CMOS

No result

-decouple everything except mouse, keyboard and one screen (so you are sure nothing is interfering)

-you do not get any image on startup right?

also: Remove the GPU before using the Mobo output... Otherwise it will try and use the GPU card.

Any old gpu lying around you can try?

27 minutes ago, jadm said:

-decouple everything except mouse, keyboard and one screen (so you are sure nothing is interfering)

-you do not get any image on startup right?

also: Remove the GPU before using the Mobo output... Otherwise it will try and use the GPU card.

Any old gpu lying around you can try?

I tried an old GPU and already removed any dedicated gpu before trying mobo. I think it might have something to do with my RAM, BFV Beta used about 6GB out of the 8 total I have and I also had a ton of other RAM hungry programs.

If you tried different GPUs the memory seems like as good a place as any to start but from installing a game to memory issues seems like a long shot.

My experience has been that  small things things are the most likely culprits.

Tried another screen?

Are you sure you are on the correct input port of the screen?

Tried another cable (I know unlikely but possible)

If have known memory to go bad and it is rather hard to sort out. Remove modules one by one &reboot  & see what happens.

Be careful though. if you don't slot them back in right you might be adding a problem to a problem making it harder to figure out.

9 minutes ago, jadm said:

If you tried different GPUs the memory seems like as good a place as any to start but from installing a game to memory issues seems like a long shot.

My experience has been that  small things things are the most likely culprits.

Tried another screen?

Are you sure you are on the correct input port of the screen?

Tried another cable (I know unlikely but possible)

If have known memory to go bad and it is rather hard to sort out. Remove modules one by one &reboot  & see what happens.

Be careful though. if you don't slot them back in right you might be adding a problem to a problem making it harder to figure out.

I know it's all in correctly since I had it all working for about a month after I built it. (Yeah new build with Sandy Bridge, laugh it up.) It happened after I loaded into a game of Battlefield V a second time.

My screens work fine with another pc with the same cables

No laughing... currently building an unraid nas machine as a backup for my freenas... recycled stuff all the way.

Software killing HW is so rare... (never actually saw it happen and I have been building machines for 15 years)

You seem to be down to motherboard, memory or cpu... I'd recommend getting them out of your PC and checking if they work one by one... (easy to hard so memory first then the Mobo / cpu combo) 

Any boot codes on the Mobo?

On 9/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, jadm said:

No laughing... currently building an unraid nas machine as a backup for my freenas... recycled stuff all the way.

Software killing HW is so rare... (never actually saw it happen and I have been building machines for 15 years)

You seem to be down to motherboard, memory or cpu... I'd recommend getting them out of your PC and checking if they work one by one... (easy to hard so memory first then the Mobo / cpu combo) 

Any boot codes on the Mobo?

Yep, one memory module is defective. Thanks for the help.