Extremely slow read speeds

Hey there, I'm having issues with my SSD. For some reason I'm only getting around 15-30 MB/s read speeds while I'm still getting ~500 MB/s write speeds with my Crucial MX300 525GB. It used to work fine but I noticed everything stored on my SSD being slower than normal and I just noticed the read speeds are so low.

Could anyone please help me fix this? I have no clue what the issue is.

Try power cycling the SSD, search online on how to power cycle one and it might fix your problem. If it still isn't fixed, try making sure that it's firmware is up to date. If it is still slow, you can maybe try reformatting it as a last resort, but there is a good chance that it has somehow been damaged and needs to be replaced. You can also try putting it into another computer and seeing if the problem persists.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, Husky said:

Try power cycling the SSD, search online on how to power cycle one and it might fix your problem. If it still isn't fixed, try making sure that it's firmware is up to date. If it is still slow, you can maybe try reformatting it as a last resort, but there is a good chance that it has somehow been damaged and needs to be replaced. You can also try putting it into another computer and seeing if the problem persists.

I'll try it out, thanks for the tip.