Motherboard specs

Skyewz
Go to solution Solved by royalba94,
3 minutes ago, Skyewz said:

So basically if both of those are being used that means that with this motherboard I can't install any more fans?

Correct. Unless you get a PWM splitter/hub or a separate fan controller

the splitters are very inexpensive and if you don't need individual control of the fans you are adding are the quickest and easiest route. If your CPU cooler has two fans on it  that are using those headers then I'd recommend getting a 1x to 2x PWM splitter to connect both CPU fans to and then you'll have the SYS_FAN header available for your new fans.

A couple of these would work: https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00B46XKKQ/

Hello, I have bought new case fans ( 2x AER RGB120) and I've installed it with the HUE+ and the lights on the fan are working but I can't find the 4-pin PWM on my motherboard (MSI B250 Pro-VD)

My question is, is there only one 4-pin PWM for the CPU cooler or is there more cause I was looking for the connectors on the motherboard but I just can't find them.

5 minutes ago, royalba94 said:

There are 2 PWM fan headers on that board - one at the top marked CPU_FAN and the other at the bottom left of the socket (next to the NIC) marked SYS_FAN

So basically if both of those are being used that means that with this motherboard I can't install any more fans?

10 minutes ago, royalba94 said:

There are 2 PWM fan headers on that board - one at the top marked CPU_FAN and the other at the bottom left of the socket (next to the NIC) marked SYS_FAN

I did some research and basically is the only thing that is going to help in this situation a fan hub? like this one https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=pd_cp_147_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00VNW556I&pd_rd_r=c32f2d35-b06e-11e8-b9b0-b9c4745829eb&pd_rd_w=7v9kU&pd_rd_wg=kGEnv&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=CTWS2X8QP3BNM8GKCKHT&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=CTWS2X8QP3BNM8GKCKHT

3 minutes ago, Skyewz said:

Correct. Unless you get a PWM splitter/hub or a separate fan controller

the splitters are very inexpensive and if you don't need individual control of the fans you are adding are the quickest and easiest route. If your CPU cooler has two fans on it  that are using those headers then I'd recommend getting a 1x to 2x PWM splitter to connect both CPU fans to and then you'll have the SYS_FAN header available for your new fans.

A couple of these would work: https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00B46XKKQ/