Dead pixel miracle?!

mattyt1991

As per the other thread I started yesterday. Dell U2715H came with a dead pixel, was going through the process of deciding whether or not to return it. Played a little GTA V and then bingo! The dead pixel is no more? Does this happen? Is it likely to come back?

1 minute ago, mattyt1991 said:

As per the other thread I started yesterday. Dell U2715H came with a dead pixel, was going through the process of deciding whether or not to return it. Played a little GTA V and then bingo! The dead pixel is no more? Does this happen? Is it likely to come back?

that would be a stuck pixel , i have one on my 4k tv but its been stuck on light green for 2 months + now . good you got it to work again

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Just now, gamerking said:

that would be a stuck pixel , i have one on my 4k tv but its been stuck on light green for 2 months + now . good you got it to work again

When I read up on it a little though a stuck pixel is usually a certain colour that can even change depending on the background. This one was black and only black. 

42 minutes ago, mattyt1991 said:

When I read up on it a little though a stuck pixel is usually a certain colour that can even change depending on the background. This one was black and only black. 

That's a dead pixel.

You're lucky that it went away, though it may come back with time.

There are tools that change the colors of a certain area of your screen really fast to try and remove them, though I've never had success with those.

57 minutes ago, Alec M said:

That's a dead pixel.

You're lucky that it went away, though it may come back with time.

There are tools that change the colors of a certain area of your screen really fast to try and remove them, though I've never had success with those.

Yeah i tried one of those but didn't work. Playing GTA for an hour worker a charm though!

1 minute ago, mattyt1991 said:

Yeah i tried one of those but didn't work. Playing GTA for an hour worker a charm though!

That's so weird!