Can someone help me?

Imapleb

So, im going to start off with saying that i literally don't know anything about computers, so if you're gonna roast me be gentle. But anyways a few weeks ago a spark happened in my psu and the computer wouldn't turn on anymore, so i figured that the psu was done for, but i had a old computer laying around that has a working psu so i took that, but the problem is that the older psu doesn't have a 6 pin thingy. And i tried to boot my computer without the 6 pin thingy and it gave me a mbr error 1 and told me to press any key to boot from floppy (which didn't work) so i am here to ask if i'll get a 6 pin molex connector for my older psu (has pretty much same amount of watts that my psu had that broke) will it fix the problem? And if yes can someone link me to one because i can not find it myself on the internet.

Thanks in advance

Im sorry i posted it in a wrong topic and idk how ti delete it either so im going to make a new one

1 hour ago, Imapleb said:

happened

I am

1 hour ago, Imapleb said:

So, im going to start off with saying that i literally don't know anything about computers, so if you're gonna roast me be gentle. But anyways a few weeks ago a spark happened in my psu and the computer wouldn't turn on anymore, so i figured that the psu was done for, but i had a old computer laying around that has a working psu so i took that, but the problem is that the older psu doesn't have a 6 pin thingy. And i tried to boot my computer without the 6 pin thingy and it gave me a mbr error 1 and told me to press any key to boot from floppy (which didn't work) so i am here to ask if i'll get a 6 pin molex connector for my older psu (has pretty much same amount of watts that my psu had that broke) will it fix the problem? And if yes can someone link me to one because i can not find it myself on the internet.

Thanks in

Okay. I will start this reply with the truth: I don't know the answer to your question. I would caution you against doing this. In fact, I think the pin configuration is different between the two sockets... it might not even fit. But really, I wouldn't try it.

On the positive side! Your PC did come to life after you switched power supplies. You can find functional power supplies on sale down to $25 at newegg every now and then, and you can definitely find one for $50. It's a relatively cheap method to keep your PC working safely.

32 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Okay. I will start this reply with the truth: I don't know the answer to your question. I would caution you against doing this. In fact, I think the pin configuration is different between the two sockets... it might not even fit. But really, I wouldn't try it.

On the positive side! Your PC did come to life after you switched power supplies. You can find functional power supplies on sale down to $25 at newegg every now and then, and you can definitely find one for $50. It's a relatively cheap method to keep your PC working safely.

Thank you two for replying but i googled about that mbr error 1 and it said that it was something to do with my windows, and im kinda paranoid that a new power supply wont fix it? Do you know something about it