100% cpu 0% gpu

BartJohan
Go to solution Solved by FrowningHippo,
Just now, BartJohan said:

you mean this?

Knipsel3.PNG

Yup. That is the culprit. That must be the intel chip that takes the priority. Weird that it's installed as a windows basic driver though. Must miss it's actual drivers. You can get the driver for the intel Chipset on the Asus website. You could try to install that to see if it properly recognizes the second GPU. Alternatively you could just try the drivers from the Intel website: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128199/Graphics-for-8th-Generation-Intel-Processors

Or make it easy for yourself and do a quik test. Disable that Microsoft basic adapter with a right click, forcing the system to use the Nvidia GPU. This won't help battery life but you can check if it is the Dual GPU issue.

whenever I run a game on my laptop it just won't use my gpu.

as you see I'm trying to run besiege here but it wont even get to the main menu.

does anyone know how to solve this.

ps: bios is updated and the gpu

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel1.PNG

Knipsel2.PNG

Could you tell us if this laptop uses a dual-GPU set-up to save energy? Most of the times this happens it is because of a conflict with a internal Intel GPU that is being utilized instead of the more powerful dedicated graphics.

Edit: If this is the case you could try this solution to see if that fixes it for you: Link (external forum)

no, this is a single gpu based laptop

laptop: asus gl703ge

Have you tried re-installing the drivers?

Just now, Martin12249 said:

Have you tried re-installing the drivers?

yes I have, and a windows reinstall

19 minutes ago, BartJohan said:

no, this is a single gpu based laptop

laptop: asus gl703ge

It took some searching, but this laptop sports the Intel UHD graphics 630 on-board. I suspect that is the culprit.

Typ in het zoekvak: Apparaatbeheer en kijk eens of de Intel geïnstalleerd staat onder (edit:) beeldschermadapters.

9 minutes ago, mathizel said:

It took some searching, but this laptop sports the Intel UHD graphics 630 on-board. I suspect that is the culprit.

Typ in het zoekvak: Apparaatbeheer en kijk eens of de Intel geïnstalleerd staat onder (edit:) beeldschermadapters.

you mean this?

Knipsel3.PNG

i scanned my laptop quick and it found a update, am installing it currently

Knipsel4.PNG

Just now, BartJohan said:

you mean this?

Knipsel3.PNG

Yup. That is the culprit. That must be the intel chip that takes the priority. Weird that it's installed as a windows basic driver though. Must miss it's actual drivers. You can get the driver for the intel Chipset on the Asus website. You could try to install that to see if it properly recognizes the second GPU. Alternatively you could just try the drivers from the Intel website: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128199/Graphics-for-8th-Generation-Intel-Processors

Or make it easy for yourself and do a quik test. Disable that Microsoft basic adapter with a right click, forcing the system to use the Nvidia GPU. This won't help battery life but you can check if it is the Dual GPU issue.

3 minutes ago, BartJohan said:

i scanned my laptop quick and it found a update, am installing it currently

Knipsel4.PNG

O I was a bit to fast pulling the trigger on my reply seems you found it. Good luck. Hopefully the Nvidia Driver can properly communicate after that instal. If not try to reinstall the Nvidia Driver. If still not just outright disable the card when you want to game. Or contact Asus that they need to fix this (although it seems to be a Nvidia Driver Issue).

3 minutes ago, mathizel said:

O I was a bit to fast pulling the trigger on my reply. Good luck. Hopefully the Nvidia Driver can properly communicate after that instal. If not try to reinstall the Nvidia Driver. If still not just outright disable the card when you want to game. Or contact Asus that they need to fix this (although it seems to be a Nvidia Driver Issue).

Installed it and it worked.

thank you for your help man/ women (not gonna asume genders here)

Knipsel5.PNG