PC hardware prices going up?

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by ArchieKun,

This is truly a double edged sword really. On one hand if we end up seeing more US, or Europen manufacturing the pricing will go up there is no question of this. With that said so will the quality control which means much higher quality parts. Its also important to remember hardware for PCs, or any hardware for electronics honestly goes up, or down with a number of factors. Not just where the parts come from. It is factored by price of materials for the PCBs as well other material for components.It can even be effected by the precious metal industry. For example when gold, or silver prices increase so dose hardware that contains these minerals. So in other words I don't really think we need to worry to much about the pricing the long run as building your own system is more pricey these days then buying it prebuilt.

Is it true prices on pc hardware are going to rise on August 23th for products imported from China to U.S?

54 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Is it true prices on pc hardware are going to rise on August 23th for products imported from China to U.S?

Who knows? It's true that manufacturers are going to continue using overseas labor and sell computer hardware well above MSRP, let alone manufacturing cost + ~20%, to maximize profits while simultaneously take jobs away from North America & Europe. As for prices, well, we'll have to see what happens in the coming weeks.

To be fair, having these jobs fulfilled locally would actually aid in driving up the price, due to the cost of living being much higher here, so I'd say it's 50% corporate greed / shareholders, and 50% consumers that ultimately decide how the retail market sells its' goods.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

34 minutes ago, kirashi said:

It's true that manufacturers are going to continue using overseas labor and sell computer hardware well above MSRP.

I see, so I guess it's a good idea to buy whatever I can afford for my build before August 23th?

2 minutes ago, Hi P said:

I see, so I guess it's a good idea to buy whatever I can afford for my build before August 23th?

It's a good idea to watch price trends (using something like camelcamelcamel.com if buying from Amazon) and buy when a product is priced at (or close to) its' lowest point. Now, you can wait forever to see if an item will drop in price, but then you'll never be able to buy anything. Instead, I suggest considering first whether you want or need the item (ie: RGB fans vs non-RGB fans, assuming the functional properties are the same), and then watching the item's price history to determine the price you feel comfortable buying it for.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

It's a good idea to watch price trends and buy when a product is priced at its' lowest point.

So overall, is the upcoming price changes something I should worry about?

Because I barely found videos and posts talking about it, but a couple videos are claiming an increase of up to 25% in pc hardware prices.

The build I want is around $2,250 USD, so even a 10% increase its a bit much in my currency (MXN), that's over a month worth of savings and it's got me worried.

This is truly a double edged sword really. On one hand if we end up seeing more US, or Europen manufacturing the pricing will go up there is no question of this. With that said so will the quality control which means much higher quality parts. Its also important to remember hardware for PCs, or any hardware for electronics honestly goes up, or down with a number of factors. Not just where the parts come from. It is factored by price of materials for the PCBs as well other material for components.It can even be effected by the precious metal industry. For example when gold, or silver prices increase so dose hardware that contains these minerals. So in other words I don't really think we need to worry to much about the pricing the long run as building your own system is more pricey these days then buying it prebuilt.