I'm extremely worried.

Undead

So I posted a topic about my hard drive this morning making clicking noises. I was halfway through playing Magicka and it crashed. I then tried restarting it in Steam and Steam crashed. I went in Computer and the drive is no longer there. What steps should I take?

When you play The Game of Thrones, you win or you die...

Don't use it anymore, it could be dead. Check to see if it's visible in the BIOS. If so, get all of the data you can off of it.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Well it seems that the drive died

If you can get a new one ASAP and backup your old one ASAP

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

If it's not showing in windows or the bios, try putting it in the freezer for an hour and then immediately getting the data off of it.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

if(warranty) {

RMA(this); }

else {

buy(newDrive); }

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Get those Doge coins off of it!

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

R.I.P.

Your hard drive may have died. :(

I have a hard drive that makes clicking and grinding sounds, but still works :P

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

It's showing in bios and now it's showing in my computer.I've got like 600gb of data on this drive. Are Toshiba drives unreliable?

When you play The Game of Thrones, you win or you die...