Windows 7 Keeps Re-installing?

TheSportkid24

Hello all, I recently completed the build phase of my mini-itx and have a bit of an issue with the install of Windows 7. I set the boot priority to boot from the USB I have Windows 7 on and saved the changes. The system boots into the installing windows screen fine, but after the initial restart, it restarts back into the install windows 7 screen. I am pretty sure this is an issue with something in the BIOS, help?

Change the boot priority to the HDD.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Change boot priority or just unplug the USB.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Change boot priority or just unplug the USB.

Is it safe to unplug the USB now? I'm not sure if Win 7 is done installing...

Hello all, I recently completed the build phase of my mini-itx and have a bit of an issue with the install of Windows 7. I set the boot priority to boot from the USB I have Windows 7 on and saved the changes. The system boots into the installing windows screen fine, but after the initial restart, it restarts back into the install windows 7 screen. I am pretty sure this is an issue with something in the BIOS, help?

When it restarts for the first time during the installation process change the boot priority back to your SSD / HDD. Do not unplug the USB like others have suggested as it will still be copying files after the first reboot. 

When it restarts for the first time during the installation process change the boot priority back to your SSD / HDD. Do not unplug the USB like others have suggested as it will still be copying files after the first reboot. 

Just did that, all looks well now. Thanks a ton for the help! Will let you know if anything else goes wrong ;)

Actually, one more question. I just installed it fine and would like to be able to reuse the USB I used for the install. How would I reformat the usb back to its original state?

Actually, one more question. I just installed it fine and would like to be able to reuse the USB I used for the install. How would I reformat the usb back to its original state?

Hi, just through my computer should do. 

My Computer -> Right click the USB -> Format -> Make sure Quick Format is checked and Format. 

Hi, just through my computer should do. 

My Computer -> Right click the USB -> Format -> Make sure Quick Format is checked and Format. 

Should I make it FAT32?

Should I make it FAT32?

If you want, although max file size for FAT32 is 4GB. If you're only using the USB on Windows computers then go with NTFS.