Insane Monitor Lag

So I recently purchased the MSI optix G24C monitor off of Massdrop. After mounting an adapter for a VESA mount (which Massdrop said it natively had and is a whole other issue) I plugged the monitor in to the wall and into the display port on my MSI Armour Rx580 8gb graphics card. It went through the motherboard logo fine and booted into windows. This is where the problem begins. Now, my other monitor and my new G24C are expiericing insane jumpy ness or lag, whatever you want to call it. I’m talking like peaking at 1fps and showing a frame an average of every 2 seconds or so . It doesn’t go away. Even after I manage to type in my password and look at my desktop, it still lags like crazy. Here’s what I know: it’s not windows lagging but it is a windows problem. Just based on how the computer is running I can tell that it isn’t windows just running slow. I managed to open CPU-Z (which is really hard) and everything looks normal. After booting into Linux Mint, the issue goes away. Also, and most notably, if I unplug the new monitor and just run on my 34” Acer ultrawide, everything is smooth. Yes, I have my display drivers updated. I was running an Asus 24” 1080p 144hz G-sync monitor with the 34” ultra wide and it worked fine. Also, if I run just the new monitor by itself, it has the issue. I went into Radeon settings and nothing looked out of the ordinary. I just don’t know what to do and I don’t think Massdrop will accept a return 

Specs

i7-7700k

AsRock z270 killer 

16gb Corsair vengeance 2400mhz

2x MSI armour rx580 8gb in crossfire

850watt EVGA fully modular psu 

I boot off of a 120gb PNY ssd 

Personally I believe it is an issue between some windows driver and the monitor but I don’t know what to do. 

Have you tried "scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager?

1 hour ago, omegadoom said:

Have you tried "scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager?

I tried and nothing changed. I will say now that I am getting at least half a second of smooth picture on the display and then it freezes for about a second and then continues.

7 hours ago, friendlykemper said:

I tried and nothing changed. I will say now that I am getting at least half a second of smooth picture on the display and then it freezes for about a second and then continues.

Have you tried resetting to default settings from osd?

ended up being a driver issue. AMD driver's drive me (no pun intended) crazy.

• 1 month later...

Im having the same problem. Do you know where or how I could install the driver?