Intel Optane

Whimsical
Go to solution Solved by Sniperfox47,
2 hours ago, Whimsical said:

and do i need to format recovery partition that has been created automatically when i install window? someone says i have to delete that partition so intel optane can go deep and work even better?

You shouldn't need to. Deleting the recovery partition does absolutely nothing for optane. It only caches files that are used (plus some specific stuff Intel forces into the cache to help with boot times), and will ignore everything from that partition. It's literally just "Open RST, enable Optane, select the drive to accelerate, and you're good".

Spoiler

I

i Have intel optane 16gb my mobo is gigabyte z370 hd3p and processor is intel 5th gen 8400 and 1 tb hdd i have question. whenever i install intel optane my pc ask me to remove intel rst drivers but when i delete intel rst driver it installed it but after that i cant able to reinstall intel rst. intel support says it require to pre intall intel rst driver but how does i do that it always says cant install optane u have intel rst installed. what i do?

5 minutes ago, Whimsical said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I

i Have intel optane 16gb my mobo is gigabyte z370 hd3p and processor is intel 5th gen 8400 and 1 tb hdd i have question. whenever i install intel optane my pc ask me to remove intel rst drivers but when i delete intel rst driver it installed it but after that i cant able to reinstall intel rst. intel support says it require to pre intall intel rst driver but how does i do that it always says cant install optane u have intel rst installed. what i do?

Do you mean you downloaded both SetupOptaneMemory.exe and SetupRST.exe? You only need 1 or the other.

SetupOptaneMemory supports Optane modules only.

SetupRST supports Optane modules plus the other features of Intel RST including RAID and caching with traditional SSDs.

You can only have one of the two installed, and normally SetupRST is the better option as it enables you to use the other features if you ever choose to.

u mean i only need to install setupRST driver it will automatically install intel optane?

Just now, Whimsical said:

u mean i only need to install setupRST driver it will automatically install intel optane?

Yes. SetupRST includes support for Optane acceleration.

Just now, Sniperfox47 said:

thanks man... u solved big problem of mine for installing intel Rst i even told my friend to integrate intel rst driver to intel iso image but now i find out i dont need to do that cause its very easy. :)

5 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

what mode do i need bios showing AHCI and Intel RST Premium? which one is good?

9 hours ago, Whimsical said:

what mode do i need bios showing AHCI and Intel RST Premium? which one is good?

Sorry for the slow reply, I had gone off to bed.

Your UEFI ("BIOS") should be in RAID mode. Your board UEFI may by labelling that as RST mode. If you try to set up Optane from inside Windows it should help you through the process. I wouldn't suggest switching to RAID mode by yourself since then Windows can fail to boot unless you configure things correctly.

1 hour ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Sorry for the slow reply, I had gone off to bed.

Your UEFI ("BIOS") should be in RAID mode. Your board UEFI may by labelling that as RST mode. If you try to set up Optane from inside Windows it should help you through the process. I wouldn't suggest switching to RAID mode by yourself since then Windows can fail to boot unless you configure things correctly.

my windows cant fail to boot cause first i will change my bios setting then clean install my windows 10.. thats y asking which one is good AHCI or Intel Rst premium with inte optane ? i will only use intel optane 16gb with 1tb hdd ...

37 minutes ago, Whimsical said:

my windows cant fail to boot cause first i will change my bios setting then clean install my windows 10.. thats y asking which one is good AHCI or Intel Rst premium with inte optane ? i will only use intel optane 16gb with 1tb hdd ...

http://es.gigabyte.com/microsites/147

According to the site linked above Intel RST Premium is what you want. You shouldn't need to clean install though. You can follow the instructions on the above link in order to enable it on your board from either mode.

59 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

According to the site linked above Intel RST Premium is what you want. You shouldn't need to clean install though. You can follow the instructions on the above link in order to enable it on your board from either mode.

so i just install setupRST and thats all i have to do?

7 minutes ago, Whimsical said:

so i just install setupRST and thats all i have to do?

Should be. And then when you run the RST tool it should prompt you to automatically switch your system into RAID mode (What your motherboard calls "Intel RST Premium" mode).

1 hour ago, Sniperfox47 said:

and do i need to format recovery partition that has been created automatically when i install window? someone says i have to delete that partition so intel optane can go deep and work even better?

2 hours ago, Whimsical said:

You shouldn't need to. Deleting the recovery partition does absolutely nothing for optane. It only caches files that are used (plus some specific stuff Intel forces into the cache to help with boot times), and will ignore everything from that partition. It's literally just "Open RST, enable Optane, select the drive to accelerate, and you're good".