Loud fans

zoodoo123

I bought 6 sp120 fans and they are running at full speed. Does anyone know how to turn them down?

I have SP120 fans. Make sure they're set to PWM mode in the BIOS. There is a way to manually get them to directly spin at a certain RPM through DC mode but PWM mode essentially automates the fans to spin at a certain RPM dependant on the speed of your computer in successive waves.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

I have SP120 fans. Make sure they're set to PWM mode in the BIOS. There is a way to manually get them to directly spin at a certain RPM through DC mode but PWM mode essentially automates the fans to spin at a certain RPM dependant on the speed of your computer in successive waves.

My fans are not directly connected to the motherboard 

2 minutes ago, zoodoo123 said:

My fans are not directly connected to the motherboard 

What are they connected to? If they're connected to the PSU through molex or something, I can't help much.

I'm going to assume you have your LED fan hub cables connected though, at least?

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

What are they connected to? If they're connected to the PSU through molex or something, I can't help much.

I'm going to assume you have your LED fan hub cables connected though, at least?

Yeah it’s connected to the led fan hub. The 4 fans are connected to the nzxt kraken (aio) splitter which is connected to the sys fan 1 header and the other 2 are connected straight to the other 2 system fan headers. 

2 minutes ago, zoodoo123 said:

Yeah it’s connected to the led fan hub. The 4 fans are connected to the nzxt kraken (aio) splitter which is connected to the sys fan 1 header and the other 2 are connected straight to the other 2 system fan headers. 

And they are 3 pin btw