Building a $2000 GTX 1070 Gaming PC

MasonK

Two years ago, I had purchased a GTX 1070 for a PC build that I had planned. After returning two years later, I learned that the build was unfocused. My budget is $2000 (excluding the GPU), and I was hoping for some assistance in picking parts and peripherals for this productivity, video editing, gaming PC.

If it doesn't include monitor (and some high end gsync monitor can go to the $1k range), I think this is a decent list IMO: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gyZvbX

Case, RAM, motherboard, mouse and keyboard are up to you looks-wise, you may change those as you like, I chose a few of those based on what I bought myself, but since your PC is way higher end, you might want to invest some more in the case, mouse and keyboard.

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C

21 minutes ago, Mateus Campello said:

If it doesn't include monitor (and some high end gsync monitor can go to the $1k range), I think this is a decent list IMO: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gyZvbX

Case, RAM, motherboard, mouse and keyboard are up to you looks-wise, you may change those as you like, I chose a few of those based on what I bought myself, but since your PC is way higher end, you might want to invest some more in the case, mouse and keyboard.

Coincidentally, I already had that specific processor on my list, along with the specified storage drives and PSU. 

Thank you for the assistance! This appears to be a solid build for my needs. Do you have any suggestions for monitors?

24 minutes ago, MasonK said:

Coincidentally, I already had that specific processor on my list, along with the specified storage drives and PSU. 

Thank you for the assistance! This appears to be a solid build for my needs. Do you have any suggestions for monitors?

The only thing that comes up to my mind is the Acer Predator X34P or X35. With that setup, I would invest in a high end monitor, since you'll have a perfect setup to receive an even better GPU in the future, like a 1180. I would go for something with: Gsync, 1440p, ultrawide, curved (maybe not the best for editing), IPS, 100hz+. This way you'll have a nice balance of performance (refresh rate) and image quality (resolution and panel type), instead of going all out image quality (4k@60hz IPS) or performance (1080p@144hz+ TN).

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C