green vertical line

Zikalol

hello , my monitor got a green vertical line (very thin) i want to know does this issue can do problems to my graphic card or no ?

2 minutes ago, Zikalol said:

hello , my monitor got a green vertical line (very thin) i want to know does this issue can do problems to my graphic card or no ?

unplug your pc to have your monitor on the 'no input detected' screen, if the green line is still there then its the monitor. If it goes away make sure all your video cables are firmly seated, your graphics card is firmly seated in the pci slot, and update your drivers. None of that will likely fix it as its usually hardware issues but its worth a shot. You can also try different ports/cables to try and make it go away.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

3 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

unplug your pc to have your monitor on the 'no input detected' screen, if the green line is still there then its the monitor. If it goes away make sure all your video cables are firmly seated, your graphics card is firmly seated in the pci slot, and update your drivers. None of that will likely fix it as its usually hardware issues but its worth a shot. You can also try different ports/cables to try and make it go away.

ye i have the green line  , im just worried it can damage my graphic card while using the monitor on that state , have any ideas ?

1 minute ago, Zikalol said:

ye i have the green line  , im just worried it can damage my graphic card while using the monitor on that state , have any ideas ?

It wont hurt your graphics card if the monitor is having the issue. Just an annoyance and a general sign that the monitor may fail soon. But then again I've had them continue functioning for years with it so whatever works best with you.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

6 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

It wont hurt your graphics card if the monitor is having the issue. Just an annoyance and a general sign that the monitor may fail soon. But then again I've had them continue functioning for years with it so whatever works best with you.

yeh gonna replace it soon , thank you <3

If your monitor is the problem, ignore all below.

If your graphics processor is permanently attached to your motherboard (Had a 17" iMac in this instance) you will have to replace the entire motherboard, but otherwise, it's your external graphics card. If the lines get more numerous, you should definitely try fixing it as soon as possible. They also may vary in color (again, this was my experience with the iMac).