Windows 10 Education Edition

Brocco Boi
Go to solution Solved by chiller15,

I work in a school and I deploy Windows 10 Education across our site. I can tell you that the Education version is almost identical to the Enterprise, with only a few minor changes that you won't notice.

As a side note, the license you receive from school may well be tied to your school account. That doesn't mean you'll be monitored or anything like that, but it if it is tied - it may get deactivated when you leave the school.

So I'm planning on building a new pc and ofcourse I need an OS. I have used Windows all my life so I would like it again. Thru my schooling system I can get a free copy of Windows 10 Education edition but i still haven't figured out if it is better then home/pro or if it has some features that will block me from doing something I can do on home/pro edition of Windows 10. So I would like to know is windows 10 education better or worse then home/pro? Thanks in Advance. Edit: The pc will mainly be used for gaming.

I work in a school and I deploy Windows 10 Education across our site. I can tell you that the Education version is almost identical to the Enterprise, with only a few minor changes that you won't notice.

As a side note, the license you receive from school may well be tied to your school account. That doesn't mean you'll be monitored or anything like that, but it if it is tied - it may get deactivated when you leave the school.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

I think it won't be tied to my school in any way, I read some articles on sites about how it works in my country and the copy seems to be lifetime. I am just getting that copy and if it blocks me out after I leave my school I will just buy a different copy somewhere else. Anyway thanks for your reply to this topic.

6 minutes ago, Brocco Boi said:

I think it won't be tied to my school in any way, I read some articles on sites about how it works in my country and the copy seems to be lifetime. I am just getting that copy and if it blocks me out after I leave my school I will just buy a different copy somewhere else. Anyway thanks for your reply to this topic.

No problem. It all depends on how it's been licensed through the school. For example, our students receive up to 5 copies of Office 365, which is tied to their school computer account. However when they leave, their account is disabled and their license is removed.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.