Few Questions (Sorry)

ohsnap

First up, Sorry and thanks I bet you have answered these questions a thousand times. 

I want to get a system for some gaming. I used to play Dayz/ARMA way back in the day on an old system at about 30fps at the minimum settings so that is my base hahaha.

My Budget is $2100-2500 and I am in Australia

I have a Acer ET322QR 31.5" Curved Flat Panel Monitor and I will run another screen on it – something simple

I am thinking something like this

Intel Core i7 8700 Processor

NZXT Kraken M22 120mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic Motherboard

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor OC 8GB

Samsung 250GB SSD 

Seagate 2TB hard drive,

I am not fussed about the case and will save some money there

I think that this system will run everything I want and be probably be wasted on me but anyway.

Questions

Is the 1080 worth it over a 1070T? Keeping in mind I don’t need/want ultra settings

Is the I7 worth it over the I5?

Do I need extra fans on the case?

Thanks for any/the help!!!

Fans depends on how hot your room gets plus you need to keep the rest of your case cool. (Im a beginner myself but I think this is correct) Also there's not much performance difference between 1080 and 1070ti so If your running low on money just go for the 1070ti. and In my opinion I'd buy a i7-7700k or a i7-8700k if your going to overclock. (Again im a noob thats purely YT videos iv watched over the 6 months iv been interested in this) 

Current PC

CPU: I5-7400

GPU: Gigabyte 1050Ti

RAM: Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133mhz

CASE: GameMax Falcon

MOBO: Prime B250M-A

Peripherals                                                                

Mouse: Corsair Sabre

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe

Mic/headphone: Blue Yeti /w JVC HA-SR50X

Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus

2 minutes ago, ohsnap said:

First up, Sorry and thanks I bet you have answered these questions a thousand times. 

I want to get a system for some gaming. I used to play Dayz/ARMA way back in the day on an old system at about 30fps at the minimum settings so that is my base hahaha.

My Budget is $2100-2500 and I am in Australia

I have a Acer ET322QR 31.5" Curved Flat Panel Monitor and I will run another screen on it – something simple

I am thinking something like this

Intel Core i7 8700 Processor

NZXT Kraken M22 120mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic Motherboard

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor OC 8GB

Samsung 250GB SSD 

Seagate 2TB hard drive,

I am not fussed about the case and will save some money there

I think that this system will run everything I want and be probably be wasted on me but anyway.

Questions

Is the 1080 worth it over a 1070T? Keeping in mind I don’t need/want ultra settings

Is the I7 worth it over the I5?

Do I need extra fans on the case?

Thanks for any/the help!!!

personally i would save a bit of money and go a 1070, even a 1060 would most likely be good enough (my 1060 runs arma 3 at 45-60 fps (locked 60fps) on ultra settings (1080p)) but a 1070 would give you more performance.

if gaming will be the only thing done on this machine (little to no rendering will be done) then there shouldn't be much of an improvement going for an i7 versus a i5, choosing a i7 will help with things that use lots of cores and threads such as video rendering and streaming while gaming generally doesn't see much improvement over more cores so if gaming will be the main thing that will be done than an i5 should suffice. 

when searching for a case maybe look for a case that comes equipped with a fan built in as the GPU and storage will be the only thing that that fan will do anything for as the cpu will be watercooled

other than that make sure that the cpu fits into that motherboard as i have seen many people posting questions and then someone showing the the cpu socket will not fit the socket in the motherboard (before buying make sure that the cpu fits the b360 socket especially if you are changing from the wanted i7 to an i5)

4 minutes ago, uReqt said:

Fans depends on how hot your room gets plus you need to keep the rest of your case cool. (Im a beginner myself but I think this is correct) Also there's not much performance difference between 1080 and 1070ti so If your running low on money just go for the 1070ti. and In my opinion I'd buy a i7-7700k or a i7-8700k if your going to overclock. (Again im a noob thats purely YT videos iv watched over the 6 months iv been interested in this) 

Thank you both for the answers!! 

Gaming is the only thing I will be doing on it really. The info is really helpful on the I5/I7.

I Think I will need to throw a fan in there because Australia!! 

@ohsnap buy a case in which you can put many fans so there  lesser a risk of an overheating problem and I would defo go for a i7, I am building a PC myself and this is how it is going to be (Feel free to copy if ya want) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (£303.59 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£57.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£155.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£155.95 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£50.39 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card  (£755.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£73.98 @ Novatech) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Total: £1609.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-16 05:59 BST+0100

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

3 minutes ago, ohsnap said:

Thank you both for the answers!! 

Gaming is the only thing I will be doing on it really. The info is really helpful on the I5/I7.

I Think I will need to throw a fan in there because Australia!! 

yeah i live in QLD (bloody cold at the moment in the mornings) but i agree it can get extremely hot so an extra fan or two would be great for it in the long run

2 minutes ago, uReqt said:

@ohsnap buy a case in which you can put many fans so there  lesser a risk of an overheating problem and I would defo go for a i7, I am building a PC myself and this is how it is going to be (Feel free to copy if ya want) 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (£303.59 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£57.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£155.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£155.95 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£50.39 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card  (£755.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£73.98 @ Novatech) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Total: £1609.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-16 05:59 BST+0100

what will your monitor's resolution and refresh rate be? 

144hz for the meantime then il save for a higher

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@WickedStarfish 1920 x 1080 resolution (60Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time) 

might not be amazing but  infinitely better then what I am used to

@ohsnap If you like I can try build you a powerful rig, just gimme the budget in UK Pounds 

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@uReqt @WickedStarfish

just put the order in for what i was looking at above. went with I7, 1070T and a case with fans!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

Make sure you order a CPU fan or CPU AIO Water Cooling, as the fans won't be enough for the cpu

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

5 minutes ago, uReqt said:

144hz for the meantime then il save for a higher

cool the 1080 should be able to match that and keep it steady. 

6 minutes ago, ohsnap said:

@WickedStarfish 1920 x 1080 resolution (60Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time) 

might not be amazing but  infinitely better then what I am used to

my monitors are the same (i think they allow up to 75hz but lower the resolution when running at that) honestly i love the detail they offer

1 minute ago, uReqt said:

Make sure you order a CPU fan or CPU AIO Water Cooling, as the fans won't be enough for the cpu

NZXT Kraken M22 120mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler was stated in his original write up (took me a bit to see it)

3 minutes ago, ohsnap said:

@uReqt @WickedStarfish

just put the order in for what i was looking at above. went with I7, 1070T and a case with fans!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

did you order the AIO cooler?

@WickedStarfish I only ask as he just said,                                                                                           a AIO is a big part xD

went with I7, 1070T and a case with fans!!!

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

Dang... altered things just a little bit and managed to bring you udner budget multi-vendor with a more pwoerful build.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($499.00 @ Mighty Ape) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.00 @ Umart) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($175.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8000 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($75.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($710.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($127.00 @ IJK) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($145.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master - JetFlo 95.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($13.00 @ Umart) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master - JetFlo 95.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($13.00 @ Umart) 
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($299.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $2393.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-16 15:24 AEST+1000

Rawr.

2 minutes ago, uReqt said:

@WickedStarfish I only ask as he just said,                                                                                           a AIO is a big part xD

yeah it is especially if he didn't order it only the rest of it haha, if he hadn't ordered it i was going to suggest a 240mm aio or bigger as the more space on the radiator the better the cooling will be