PC Won't boot - Error Code: 0xc00000e Failed update?

Hello, I'm having an issue I'm hoping you can help me solve.

My PC has stopped booting up.

It was running fine earlier today, but when I saw it had failed an update (Unfortunately, I do not know which update it was), I decided to reboot and try again.

Alas, it would not boot.  At first, I got a BSOD, with the 0xc00000e error code on it.  

I booted up some installation media via USB and attempted to repair the PC with that.  It said it was repairing some disk errors, finished very quickly, and now it doesn't even give me the BSOD.  

It acts like windows it loading, showing those dots spinning around.  But it never moves past that.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me about two months ago.  Never did solve it.  I just reformatted the SSD and reinstalled Windows.  But I'd REALLY like to avoid going through all that hassle again if I can.

Also, because the same thing happened to me a few months ago, I don't think it's a certain update that's the problem.

Peripherals and such seem fine.  I'm currently typing this from a USB-based Windows PESE environment, so I know that all works.

I can even access the SSD with the troubled Windows install on it just fine.

All the videos I've found that deal with that 0xc00000e or the loading issue talk about fixing the MBR, which I believe doesn't apply on an UEFI system?  So I'm really unsure where to go with it from here.

If you have any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

----------

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K

RAM: 32GB DDR4

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (Rev: 1.0) With latest firmware)

Boot SSD: Samsung 500GB SATA

Storage HDD: Western Digital 3TB HDD

Case: Corsair 650D