Fan directions

Snifferdog3

Hello! So I've noticed a problem yesterday, my CPU is at 60-70°c idle! And even after a night turned off I booted it up and it was at 60°c! But one thing I've noticed that could be causing the problem is my fans... My top fan is blowing in, shouldn't it be blowing the air out? My back-top fan isn't spinning either (could not be plugged in or is broken, will have to check) here is my fan layout: front bottom: intake, side: 2x intake, back top: not working, top: intake. Shouldn't the top one be a exhaust and I do need to get the other one working, my CPU is a AMD phenom x4 II 965BE, also I don't know what the CPU fan make or model is, thanks for your help!

That high temperature hints to CPU cooling problem.

If air temperature inside case caused that with CPU at idle then your PC would be literally hot to touch.

If CPU cooler is some el cheapo without proper mounting to support plate on backside of motherboard, its mounting might have failed.

1 hour ago, EsaT said:

That high temperature hints to CPU cooling problem.

If air temperature inside case caused that with CPU at idle then your PC would be literally hot to touch.

If CPU cooler is some el cheapo without proper mounting to support plate on backside of motherboard, its mounting might have failed.

Yeah was thinking it might be the cooler on the CPU, don't think the lack of fans pulling out the heat helps, I'll have a look and will let you know what i find :)

You need some exhaust. For performance more exhaust is better than more intake.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hello, I've swapped the top fan around so it's a exhaust now and I've plugged the back fan in and that's also a exhaust, temps have dropped to 40°c on idle and 60°c when gaming, this is what it should be at, problem solved, thanks for all the help!