Planning a new pc, FIRST TIMER !!

Hi guys,

So my very first time building a computer, ive seen lots of videos and I am very excited to try it.
My current location is in Netherlands so I am slightly limited on where I can buy from.
The build is going to be used for a few reasons, gaming (4k hopefully above 60fps) 1080p gaming (streaming) and also possible video editing.
So far I am looking at the following parts.
Please remember I am a complete noob at building and I only have a general idea.
I would like to have the option in the future to add another 1080 TI for SLI.
At these prices it totals out at 2300, I am trying to stay under 2500 Euro, I do have a screen and key/mouse so I only have to worry about the PC, also another thing is cooling as it can get quite hot here. I would like to stay air cooled or AIO as I dont want to mess around with the more complicated stuff.
Any help is MUCH appreciated.

In Stock
In Stock
Limit 2
  • €788,99
  • Save: 6.34%
In Stock
  • €118,99
  • Save: 6.72%
In Stock
Limit 10
  • €295,99
  • Save: 3.38%
In Stock
  • €256,99
  • Save: 3.11%
In Stock
Limit 5
In Stock
Limit 5
In Stock
Limit 3
  • €211,99
  •  

Looks good! I'd recommend some additional storage as that M.2 will fill up quick between your game library and video content. Additional HDD or SSD would be good. (Samsung is great for SSDs, Western Digital is great for SSDs (SanDisk is owned by them) and HDDs)

ps: make sure to get some RGB strips for additional FPS ;)

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

Thank you! Do you know if this case supports SLI ? Really love the looks haha, I was going to add more storage at the end of the month

3 minutes ago, AtillaTheHumble said:

Thank you! Do you know if this case supports SLI ? Really love the looks haha, I was going to add more storage at the end of the month

Your case does support SLI, but it's not really worth having more than one GPU in a gaming system these days.

Another thing I would do is get the 8700K instead of the 8086K, it's really not worth it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, AtillaTheHumble said:

SLI is more dependent on the motherboard's spacing, especially when you get into big cases like the one you listed. It looks like you could easily put 2 cards in there, but you just need to make sure the cards won't block each other (big fan shroud cards =/= no bueno for SLI).

There are low profile cards you can get that will help address this, usually being blower-styled or water cooled. Here's an example: https://babeltechreviews.com/gtx-1080-ti-sli-performance-25-games/

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

Hi @AtillaTheHumble,

Nice Build!, I have a 1080ti ftw3 too, just make sure that whatever psu you choose comes with 2x 6+2 cables per card. Oh and @Tsar_Maple is totally right about the extra storage, but don't worry it's cheap and you can add HD drives as you go :)

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/8NfzP3
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/8NfzP3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  (€316.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€72.89 @ Aquatuning) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€231.60 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€183.89 @ Alternate) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€98.96 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€57.88 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  (€807.94 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€50.98 @ Alternate) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€110.89 @ Alternate) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full - USB 32/64-bit  (€19.79 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1951.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-13 19:24 CEST+0200

This has room for SLI and is perfect for your workload. This includes streaming, editing and gaming. You can swap out the case for the one you want or to an AIO. You have enough money to personilize this build. 

Thank you for all the input ! I am trying to stick with the samsung pro because of the fast read/write speeds, the reason I went with that I7 is because the game I play most is pubg aha and it can be CPU intense

7 minutes ago, AtillaTheHumble said:

Thank you for all the input ! I am trying to stick with the samsung pro because of the fast read/write speeds, the reason I went with that I7 is because the game I play most is pubg aha and it can be CPU intense

2700x is just better in streaming and doesnt lag much behind the 8700k. At 4K they are identical and during streaming the extra cores help a lot with the 2700x. I think youll find at 4K it doesnt matter what CPU you have regardless of the game.

For your usecase, even when accounting for Pubg the 2700x will be better. 

If you are going to roll with an I7 (which you shouldnt) at least grab the 8700k instead of the 8086k. As the 8086k is actually identical to the 8700k in every reard while being more expencive