Screen Turns Off and On when I open Settings/Display Settings Windows 10

HAZA12D

Hi all! 

I'm new to the Forum and I'm not sure if this is right place to post about my issue. 

I just put together a system less than a month ago and just today I've been having a problem with my screen flickering off and back on again whenever I try to open Settings and/or Display Settings (Right Click on the Desktop) in Windows 10. It also happens when I try to run Speccy and League of Legends. 

I also noticed that this only happens when I change the refresh rate to 60Hz. This doesn't happen at all when I leave the setting on 30Hz.

I don't get any flickering when the GPU is under load when I run 3DMark or Furmark. 

My PC is connected via HDMI to a 4K Samsung TV - UN55NU7100FXZA

I'm quite stumped since even after switching to different HDMI cables, going back and forth to the latest 3 Nvidia Drivers, updating BIOS, and downloading all the Windows Updates, the problem still remains. 

Here are my system specs:

i7-8700K (Non OC'd)

H115i Pro RGB

MSI Z370 Gaming M5

16GB DDR4 3000 Corsair RGB 2x8GB

MSI 1080ti Gaming X TRIO

EVGA 750GQ

Corsair 120GB MP500 NVMe SSD

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD

Crucial 960GB M500 SSD

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Corsair 780T 

Could it be possible that my TV is defective or is it my GPU? Both are just over a month old. Also, is it bad for my TV and/or the GPU when it flickers? Any thoughts on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Try removing the GPU and just using the onboard graphics of the CPU and seeing if the issue continues.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:01 AM, Astarore said:

Try removing the GPU and just using the onboard graphics of the CPU and seeing if the issue continues.

I think I may have a problem with my 1080ti. I tried a GTX 1060 and 1080, both MSI, and the problem doesn't present itself.

I also found that it's only when I have UHD enabled on my TV along with HDR/WCG that it happens with the 1080ti... But not all the time. 

The weird thing is that it runs through benchmarks and games just fine. I ran Unigine Heaven on Ultra without problems as well as Furmark and played Fallout 4 with no issues. 

It's only sometimes when I click on settings and sometimes on the main home page of League of Legends that it happens. 

I'm hoping that MSI can help me figure it out.